Smoking outside London Bridge and surrounding streets

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10
Friday 7 May 2010 1.34pm
urbanite wrote:
And as for cars and hypocracy that is a completely different topic....so why don't we stick to the theme and not use other things to justify what we do or we'll end up thinking we shouldn't turn the lights on (pollution from power stations???). This is about smoking and not polluting.

Smoking damages health and causes unpleasant smells. Vehicle exhaust damages health and causes upleasant smells. It's a legitimate comparison.
Friday 7 May 2010 2.06pm
So do sooo many things...but we're talking about smoking so whilst it may be a legitimate comparison so are many other things and it is irrelevant to this discussion which is about smokers and them being thoughtful and considerate (or not).
Friday 7 May 2010 3.27pm
As I mentioned way earlier in this thread - all that's required is consideration and tolerance from both smokers and anti-smokers. I already agree with you there Urbanite.

The fume comparison was aimed directly at Bloggie who was complaining about smoking damaging his/her lungs and the smell of smoke. I don't think Bloggie has any right to complain about the effect of smoking on him/her when he/she has absolutely no problem with jumping in a car and inflicting bad smells and health-damaging particles on others as well. No better than a smoker.

Anyhoo, I'm feeling a bit spent with this thread, best wishes to all and may you get to breathe the air you want.
Friday 7 May 2010 4.02pm
scamp wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:
Come on, smoking on the street means nothing more than a passing unpleasant smell - one amongst many in our densely populated city.

So...as a non-smoker myself, you'd have no objection to me pis*ing in your drinking water. Surely, nothing more than a passing unpleasant smell.

Thanks for the invite but I'm not that kinky. If you can't control your urinary urges there are plenty of nightclubs for people in to that type of thing, you'd be a big hit there.

In the meantime I'll warn the neighbours that there's an itinerant pis*ist on the loose and they'd best watch their drinks.

Also if your pis* smells it's not something you should draw attention to. I imagine you're not drinking enough water.

Sorry, I guess you missed the clever analogy. Smoker fouls non-smoker's air, the result is non-smoker breathing in toxic unpleasant fumes (potentially cancer causing) - and not by choice. Pis*er fouls smoker's drinking water, result is smoker ingesting unpleasant tasting liquid - and not by choice.

Even steven.
Friday 7 May 2010 10.43pm
Walked past the Pub on London Bridge with 3 blokes having a lovley drunk chat and smoke outside when one of em flicked his butt behind him without even looking. That butt flew straight into my daughters push chair and set her wolley top on fire, Lucky for us we spotted it and patted her top to stop it from combusting.

So the story here for Smokers is take care and place your dog ends in the devices fitted to walls outside public places. Please......
Saturday 8 May 2010 12.24am
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:
Come on, smoking on the street means nothing more than a passing unpleasant smell - one amongst many in our densely populated city.

So...as a non-smoker myself, you'd have no objection to me pis*ing in your drinking water. Surely, nothing more than a passing unpleasant smell.

Thanks for the invite but I'm not that kinky. If you can't control your urinary urges there are plenty of nightclubs for people in to that type of thing, you'd be a big hit there.

In the meantime I'll warn the neighbours that there's an itinerant pis*ist on the loose and they'd best watch their drinks.

Also if your pis* smells it's not something you should draw attention to. I imagine you're not drinking enough water.

Sorry, I guess you missed the clever analogy. Smoker fouls non-smoker's air, the result is non-smoker breathing in toxic unpleasant fumes (potentially cancer causing) - and not by choice. Pis*er fouls smoker's drinking water, result is smoker ingesting unpleasant tasting liquid - and not by choice.

Even steven.

I find this whole conversation disgusting and totally puerile and wish you would stop it.
Saturday 8 May 2010 1.50pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:

Even steven.

I find this whole conversation disgusting and totally puerile and wish you would stop it.

That's fair enough. I would never think to deny you your view.
Sunday 9 May 2010 12.02am
deek wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:
deek wrote:
scamp wrote:

Even steven.

That's fair enough. I would never think to deny you your view.

Thank you, that's very gracious.
Monday 10 May 2010 10.28am
scamp wrote:
As I mentioned way earlier in this thread - all that's required is consideration and tolerance from both smokers and anti-smokers. I already agree with you there Urbanite.
The fume comparison was aimed directly at Bloggie who was complaining about smoking damaging his/her lungs and the smell of smoke. I don't think Bloggie has any right to complain about the effect of smoking on him/her when he/she has absolutely no problem with jumping in a car and inflicting bad smells and health-damaging particles on others as well. No better than a smoker.

Anyhoo, I'm feeling a bit spent with this thread, best wishes to all and may you get to breathe the air you want.
well it would be directed specifically at me. You're obviously feeling insecure about your stance and are making it personal, as I've pointed out that smokers often do.
The car comparison does not work, for so many reasons.
I am a considerate driver as much as I can be. I don't drive to work, even though it's only 3/4 miles as I take public transport to lessen the traffic jams another car would make and to lessen pollution another one car would make. I have my car for emergencies and long journeys that public transport does not cater for.
I do not drive out of london bridge station and sit on the pathway, blocking it, with my engine running - that's your? trick.
Plus, I've owned the same car for over ten years, keeping it in good order and low in emissions. Hardly piling on the carbon footprints that 30 or 60 a day produce, in their journey to a smoker's pocket.

It isn't personal from me, this is no attack, it's standing up for my opinion.
Monday 10 May 2010 7.49pm
Oh puleese,
There are zillions of problems in this world of ours,
to use up emotional energy because of some smokers at London Bridge is, um, fairly down the scale of things to be done. 'Tis only my opinion, of course.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 9 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network