Bermondsey Square Public Meeting Tonight

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 March 2002 11.37am
BERMONDSEY SQUARE REDEVELOPMENT
OPEN PUBLIC MEETING

to be Chaired by SIMON HUGHES MP
at the Methodist Central Hall, 256 Bermondsey Street, SE1
on Thursday 28th March at 7.30 p.m.

The developers, Councillors and Council Officers will be present to hear your views and answer questions

=========================================
Be There or Be Sorry!
Thursday 28 March 2002 3.04pm
I am the Area Co-ordinator working on Southwark's Area Consultative Forum and Neighbourhood Renewal.

Sorry I can't make it to the meeting but will like to be get informed of any future events and outcome of tonight's meeting. Best wishes.

Many thanks
Catherine
Friday 29 March 2002 10.30pm
I wonder what really goes on in the mind of some of the people who 'stand up for local peoples' rights'. We have no shops, a shortage of decent housing, no leisure centre or activities other than some sub-standard pubs. Doh!

Do you think that Bermondsey is stuck in some kind of timewarp? It is interesting to note that some of the people opposed to the redevelopment of Bermondsey Square are in favour of the London Bridge Spire. Why is this? Big Fish LIttle Pond syndrome springs to mind. The market has only been here since 1948 and originally arose from a cattle market, why not go the whole hog (pardon the pun) and return to the true meaning and have a cattle market and do away with the antiques altogether. Not exactly the kind of thing some of the Johnny come lately's would like near their nice expensive flats is it.
Tuesday 2 April 2002 10.03am
Resident - Sam has put up a new thread "Bermondsey Street Development" so I will reply to yoy there to avoid duplication duplication.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: