Leather Uppers - Leather Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 May 2010 4.02pm
anyone tried this place, it sounds good ! is it?
Monday 3 May 2010 7.14pm
Yes. Have tried it last week. The new chef (since a couple of weeks ago) comes from a gastropub in the Muswell Hill area and the food is amazing...

They do a three course deal with wines carefully chosen to match the food, including very nice pudding wine, or a two course menu with a free bottle of wine.

Spoke to the owner and they really seem to be onto a winner.

Hope that doesn't mean it becomes impossible to get a table...

Tim
Tuesday 4 May 2010 9.36am
I went with some friends last week and would have to agree with Tim. The food was excellent. I had a duck and citrus salad to start which was lovely. I then had pork on spiced lentils for main. The pork was perfectly cooked although a few green vegetables might have been nice (can't remember them having side dishes). The bar food menu is also good, particularly the burgers!

Having been a little disappointed with the pub previously, the new owners certainly seem to be doing a great job.

No connection etc.
Tuesday 4 May 2010 11.45am
interesting, will give it a go
is the upsatirs room the function room. or a completely separate place..?
Tuesday 4 May 2010 4.56pm
Yes, the Leather Uppers is in what used to be the function room.
Thursday 28 October 2010 10.12pm
Just come back from a fantastic meal and cannot recommend the welcome, service and food highly enough. The food was just simply exquisite with the only shock being that the dinning room was empty. We had walked up Bermondsey Street to encounter every favourite to be full and so ventured 5 mins down the road to Leather Uppers.

Its an amazing local to have....we should support it and celebrate it. Go!

No connections just a genuine recommendation.
Saturday 30 October 2010 4.12pm
I agree - whenever I've eaten in the Leather Uppers the food has been amazing but on a couple of occasions we've virtually had the place to ourselves.

Very much worth the extra couple of minutes to divert from the busy Bermondsey Street eateries and the owners Gary and Will are really nice blokes.
Saturday 4 December 2010 12.11pm
Another amazing meal at the Leather Uppers last night. Started with a pea and ham hock soup that was a meal in itself so much so that the main course almost defeated me and I didn't have a dessert - which for me is really unheard of...

Really recommend the place

Tim

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: