Sightings in Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 5 May 2010 2.11pm
We* are collecting accounts of any really strange sightings experienced in Southwark for this years Architecture Festival - please mail your story to: jmolyneux@ucreative.ac.uk. (*Canterbury School of Architecture)
Wednesday 5 May 2010 4.17pm
given that this is for the Architecture Festival - I take it you want stories of strange architectural sightings, like an upside down roof, or a snow igloo built on St George's Circus, rather than say, seeing a man wearing a toilet walking down Tower Bridge Road, or sighting 15 UFOs hovering over city hall?

I saw a wind turbine on top of a building in SE1, and it was actually spinning round! now that was a really strange sighting.
Thursday 6 May 2010 9.06pm
JonR wrote:
given that this is for the Architecture Festival - I take it you want stories of strange architectural sightings, like an upside down roof, or a snow igloo built on St George's Circus, rather than say, seeing a man wearing a toilet walking down Tower Bridge Road, or sighting 15 UFOs hovering over city hall?
I saw a wind turbine on top of a building in SE1, and it was actually spinning round! now that was a really strange sighting.

Yeah, those were really strange site... that would make yourself a stranger... :)
Friday 7 May 2010 11.13am
the windturbines are on a '70s office building in Hatsfields near Isabella street
Friday 7 May 2010 7.04pm
Thanks for that direction...
Monday 17 May 2010 7.52pm
JonR wrote:

the turbine sounds good, we are really interested in other sightings too - UFO'S, MERMAID'S - all sightings welcome!
Tuesday 18 May 2010 8.47am
I saw elephants
Tuesday 18 May 2010 10.42am
Oliver, could you say a bit more about what you want the 'sightings' for and how they relate to your Architecture Festival?
Tuesday 18 May 2010 10.17pm
We are creating a (mystery) object, that should make an interesting sighting itself, that will be 'out and about' during the festival. This object will incorporate sound recordings of the unusual sights encountered by residents and workers in the area and these will play back randomly as we travel around. The travels will also be filmed and available to view.
Tuesday 18 May 2010 10.20pm
Bloggie wrote:
I saw elephants

many?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: