Pool Tables

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 March 2002 1.18pm
Hi,

Where are the best places to play pool in SE1 , and I don't mean in a pub where everytime u swing ur cue u hit a students drink quota for the night,

Cheers
Tuesday 2 April 2002 3.39pm
Scotia in Bermondsey Street - two tables in a room above the bar.
Thursday 11 April 2002 11.29am
As always there is normally a shortage of good cues in pubs due to idiots. So with that in mind:

Pagoda, Twr Bridge Road (Caledonian Mkt End) newly
opened, good place.

The Miller, Snowfields. Improvements are imminent according to the barman
Ste
Thursday 11 April 2002 12.21pm
You could try out the Hole in The Wall next door to Borough tube station. Two tables with enough room at the back of the pub - I've only been there to watch the Mighty Reds, rather than play but it's a great pub in lot's of ways - especially if you like to watch sports.
Jayne
Thursday 11 April 2002 1.35pm
Ste - does the Hole in the Wall show the rugby aswell and do they have big screens?
Ste
Thursday 11 April 2002 2.12pm
Well having only been in the area a very short time I can't say for definite but I'm pretty sure they would show all major sports as the pub is geared up for the big matches - they have one big screen but also many, many tvs so that wherever you sit/stand you get a good view of a screen!

I'd been told that it was a great place to have a drink before I moved in to the area - the fact that it caters so well for sports lovers and does reasonable food too is a real bonus!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: