Been to vote!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 6 May 2010 8.02am
so excited....!

Related news & features

Thursday 6 May 2010 10.19am
I kinda was too - first time voting in a UK election - but oh the queue! Seems kinda odd only being able to go to a single allocated polling booth to place your vote. Now to wait for the result....
Thursday 6 May 2010 3.17pm
not been yet - going after work.
tomorrow will be an interesting day.
Thursday 6 May 2010 3.35pm
The queue was too long this morning but just been...and it was still busy. Been using the same polling station for the last 15 years and this is the busiest I have ever seen it...looks like a lot more interest this time around.
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.10pm
Will be going on my way home.

Later, I'm planning on being at the thing at the QEH to see the early results coming in.

It would be nice to see some SE1ers there.
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.15pm
Voting in person is so 20th century ;0) Going postal is the new black.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.38pm
Queued for about 25 mins this morning to vote. I've never seen it so busy either, normally just wander straight in. Can't complain about voter apathy this year!
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.46pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Voting in person is so 20th century ;0) Going postal is the new black.

Going postal ... in SE1??? Hope you sent it in triplicate by first class, registered and by courier.
Thursday 6 May 2010 4.47pm
Hah - @Ivanhoe - I thought about registering for a postal vote, but after reading the Mandela Way/Royal Mail threads decided a queue was the lesser of two evils... Wonder what time we'll see meaningful results (ie not just the first few electorates)?
Thursday 6 May 2010 5.25pm
I voted earlier at the John Harvard library.

I was very annoyed to be accosted directly outside by a Labour canvasser. As I walked in I was asked for my Polling Card number, which I gave, because I initially thought she was one of the polling station officers. She wrote this diligently on a clip board.

I was then asked who I planned to vote for... at which point I realised they were not any sort of official, they would never ask the question. I very politely told them that it is a private ballot and my business only. I didnt think it was correct they should write down the voting tendencies on their records of each voter / voting number.

They then proceeding to thrust some literature towards me as I tried to walk past and into the polling station.

For what its worth, I've got no connection or affiliation with any party.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: