Southwark Travelodge - anywhere good to eat nearby?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 May 2010 1.14pm
Hi - hope it's ok to post again re. the Southwark Travelodge.

Can anybody recommend somewhere cheap for a group of four eighteen year olds to eat which is close to the Travelodge ? - They aren't over fussy and like anything filling !!

My son is going to the Gourmet Pizza Company on the Saturday, but I just wanted to suggest somewhere nearby, when his friends from College go down to London, the following day. - They've got a cheap deal at the Southwark Travelodge for the Sunday night.
Many thanks again - Barbara.
Sunday 9 May 2010 1.30pm
It depends how cheap you are looking for. Capital Kebab on The Cut is probably the best place for cheap. It's nice food and they tend to give you lots of it (you can sit down in the back).

The Cut has lots of restaurants, for various budgets, so they should probably just go have a look. Ev on Isabella Street is always nice, the bar does quite a cheap menu (it's marked on that rather good map you were sent on the other post as Thai Silk, between Joan Street and Hatfields)
Sunday 9 May 2010 2.50pm
Many thanks Zoe. - That's great. - Barbara
Monday 10 May 2010 9.17am
I would definitely go for the bar at Ev - the arch right next to Jack's bar rather than the restaurant and deli. Their Sahan menu is about 8 and includes a beer or a glass of wine. You can have lamb, chicken, fish or vegetarian and it's filling!
Monday 10 May 2010 9.50am
Two doors down from EV on Isabella St is Thai Silk & they sometimes have 8 dinner offers too

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: