Nick Stanton

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 May 2010 5.34pm
I just wanted to say how sad I am that Nick Stanton has resigned from his post. I have lived in Wandsworth, Lambeth, Barnet and Southwark and i must say the latter was the best council I have ever lived in. It has improved a lot in terms of cleanliness and general appearance and i really enjoy living here.

Related news & features

Monday 10 May 2010 7.34pm
Gosh, I'm pleased. Never had much time for him.But we can always get worse, that's the trouble.
Monday 10 May 2010 10.46pm
I wonder what this will mean for the regeneration of elephant? More delays? Let's hope the new Labour controlled council have something to prove and give it a better shot. Let's see if that Lend Lease contract gets signed next month... hhhhm
Tuesday 11 May 2010 11.53am
What's the betting he will be a candidate for the lib dems at a forth coming general election?
Tuesday 11 May 2010 2.31pm
I'll miss him as council leader he was dedicated, committed and really cared.
Wednesday 12 May 2010 4.59am
Nick Stanton is a good man I agree however not good at the real tough biz subsequently all delays and no progress on key planning issues in my humble opinion.

He spoke openly at a Shad Thames residence Ass meeting once last year about a confidential/discreet planning application issue that really compromissed Shad Thames as there were G.L.A people in the room (open meeting).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: