Quick question re vegetable stall in Lower Marsh

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 11 May 2010 1.47pm
Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know what's happened to the vegetable stall which used to be outside Iceland in Lower Marsh?

It was run by a guy called Rod for as long as I can remember, then he passed the licence on to Manny a year or so back. He hasn't been back since before Easter and I wondered what had happened to him. Great stall and I miss being able to get all my salad and veg from Lower Marsh. Greensmith's isn't the same and it's an awful lot more expensive as well.
Tuesday 11 May 2010 2.29pm
I wondered that too, I used to buy herbs from him.
Wednesday 12 May 2010 3.26pm
It can't be just the two of us who wonder where he's gone surely? Manny was supplying the pub at the corner of Lower Marsh and Westminster Bridge Road, Coopers Health Foods, The Anchor & Hope and that's just the local places I know about. What a mystery it is!
Wednesday 12 May 2010 8.40pm
No it can't be just us - I hadn't managed to get down there for a while so when I did I thought maybe I missed something and didn't know who to ask. Hopefully someone will tell us on here!
Friday 14 May 2010 8.58am
Maybe Manny is on a beach in Goa somewhere, enjoying a well-earned break after a long cold winter.

Or alternatively, perhaps Greensmiths, looking to get rid of the competition, made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Either way, I hope Manny comes back. His stall is the highlight of Lower Marsh.
Friday 14 May 2010 11.32am
I Live opposite Manny and see him yesterday, Never knew the stall was no longer there. Shall i knock on his window and ask him whats happened, and that he is in big demand to make a return to the Lower marsh?
Friday 14 May 2010 12.46pm
Yes please Windmill Walker. Tell him he just has to come back! I buy loads of veg and salad every week and I can't afford Greensmith's prices, so I'm getting basic stuff from the other veg stall at Baylis Road end, a bit of salad from Greensmiths and a top-up from Sainsbury's. Three different places to get what I used to get in one place. This can't go on ..........!
Sunday 16 May 2010 7.38pm
I know Manny. I don't shop there as I live at Borough (Near him) so shop at Erics on Gt Suffolk Street. If I see Manny I will be sure to ask.

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Sunday 23 May 2010 6.51pm
Hi dvjj

Any news?
Thursday 27 May 2010 9.42am
Hi suziq

I see Manny yesterday and made him aware of this forum. He looked thrilled to be part of a discussion on the Internet and looked it straight up. I believe his computer skills only allowed him to view this thread but i will leave it to him to update his status of the stall.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: