Well done Millwall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 19 May 2010 9.08am
Thought that i would say well done to our local team Millwall for making it to Wembley after beating Huddersfield last night 2-0 for a playoff final.

Good Luck!!
Tuesday 25 May 2010 6.18am
Agreed - it would be good to see the local area embrace Millwall's success and really get behind the team.

The South London Press covers Millwall really well,coverage which puts the poor coverage that the London Evening Standard provides into poor comparison.

Good luck on Saturday.
Tuesday 25 May 2010 7.40am
I took my son to the play off game with Huddesfield and it was a great atmosphere and a good game-unfortunately we will be away and for the second year running will miss the final-lets hope they can win promotion this time (I cannot atand another tearful little boy if they don't!)
Tuesday 25 May 2010 10.11am
Well said Windmill Walker - great to see our local team doing so well and fingers-crossed that they make it into the Championship.

I could hear the fans from the Den at my house (quite some distance away on Alma Grove)!

Chris
Thursday 27 May 2010 7.42am
Any ideas for the best SE1 pub / bar to watch The Lions win tomorrow?
Thursday 27 May 2010 7.45am
Ooooops ......I meant Saturday obviously - must have that Friday feeling!!
Thursday 27 May 2010 9.36am
Hi suziq

Depends, where are you in SE1. The Gladstone on Gladstone ST near off Marshalsea Road is a nice Pub with probably a few people attending.
Thursday 27 May 2010 11.03am
Thanks Windmill Walker. I'm off Blackfriars Road near Southwark Street, so thought perhaps The Stamford Arms or The Lord Clyde. Didn't think of the Glad. Can't wait - they'd better win this time!
Thursday 27 May 2010 11.58am
Hi Suziq

I live on the Cut. I went Stamford Arms last Tues to watch the match but found the layout of the seating and tv not that good. At half time we popped to the union but they weren't showing it (think they are a Chelsea pub as they always show those matches) finally ended up in The Crown on BF Rd which has great screens and lots of seating however they didn't have sound just music in the background. I'm hoping this Sat as it's the final they will have sound rather than music.
Thursday 27 May 2010 12.15pm
It's a very old joke, but as a Millwall fan I thought I should extend the hand of frienship and give the Swindon supporters something to chuckle at.....

...A well known M.P. has been found dead in his flat. He had an orange in his mouth, a hood over his head, a ligature around his neck, a toy lodged in a certain part of his anatomy and he was wearing a Millwall shirt.
Police removed the shirt to save his family any embarrassment.

Laugh now, Lads, coz you won't be laughing at five o'clock on Saturday.
Come on you Lions! Harry Cripps will be watching from above.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: