The Britannia now open at weekends

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 May 2010 6.34am
yes its true if well overdue. they are also doing sunday roasts.
Saturday 22 May 2010 7.52am
Nicley
Saturday 22 May 2010 8.33am
Good news!
Saturday 22 May 2010 8.22pm
Very good news - was there earlier for a decent pint in the sunshine - hope it does well !
Sunday 23 May 2010 6.19am
Finally! Many a time I've wanted to take visitors there just to recall it wasn't bloody open.
Sunday 23 May 2010 12.17pm
having lunch there today so will post a review toot sweet
Sunday 20 June 2010 9.32am
And still is open on weekends... have to say I got a bit concerned with the rumours of it closing earlier, but it was just some journalist jumping to conclusions!

Had a lovely whiskey there last night!!
Sunday 20 June 2010 9.39am
There were no vegetarian mains on the board last Sunday which is very poor, and one of the reasons I've not bothered again.
Sunday 20 June 2010 9.59am
Was there last night for a glas of wine and was surprised to find only few people there. As it is absolutely a lovely pub, good food and friendly staff. We should support it more over the weekend as it would be a pitty if they return back to be closed over it.

beetroot, if nothing was on the board did you ask them if they could make something else for you without meat?
Monday 21 June 2010 2.02pm
beetroot wrote:
There were no vegetarian mains on the board last Sunday which is very poor, and one of the reasons I've not bothered again.

That's actually quite sad - the food is not the only reason to go to a pub (they've got a pretty good range of drinks).

I've been there before though with a vegetarian and I'm sure there was something suitable on the menu, and would not be surprised if they would try and do something for you if there was nothing you liked. Ask nicely - they're pretty good in there. I'm not a vegetarian, but a very fussy eater and I've never had a problem.

No connection - very happy customer though!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: