Document shredding

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 24 May 2010 2.25pm
I have lots of documents to shred but don't want to spend the bank holiday feeding single pages through a small and temperamental machine.

Does anyone know of any facilities in SE1 where you can take confidential documents to be shredded or any local businesses that offer the service for a fee? Thanks.
Monday 24 May 2010 2.39pm
Depending on how much you've got, i could take them into my work and chuck them in the confidential bin for shredding?

I am entirely honest and trustworthy *crosses heart*

:O)
Monday 24 May 2010 3.17pm
Daisy - Thanks for the offer! I'm afraid it has gone beyond the stage where a few papers can be filtered into the confidential bin at work. Have two Ikea bags full of stuff!
Monday 24 May 2010 3.56pm
Google a company called Lombard Recycling (based in SE10) and see whether they will collect it from you - assuming you live in SE1, they have vehicles collecting from offices in the area every day and perhaps for a cash sum they will collect it and shred it from you. Otherwise, make a bonfire!
Friday 3 September 2010 7.55pm
Hi there

Thanks for the tip. I did Google Lombard Recycling Ltd:

http://www.lombardrecyclingse10.co.uk/

They don't collect from individuals but you can go any time Mon-Fri 8.30-15.30 and take your papers to them.

It's 25 plus VAT (they don't take payment in situ, you leave your address and they invoice you) for "a car load" or, in our case, several panniers full.

You can cycle/drive/walk in to the unit. You tip your confidential waste onto a recessed conveyor belt and off into the shredder then compacter it rolls.

Very satisfying. Very reassuring. Very easy.

The chap asked if we'd had any problems finding them. But we hadn't. There is a map on their site, we have an A-Z, we were on bikes and they are on a bike route.

For SE1-ites, you can use your shredding needs to enjoy a bike ride to Greenwich. You could come straight back, of course, but I'd recommend that, after jettisoning your papers, you continue to the Woolwich ferry, cross to the north bank, then enjoy the mostly traffic-free route back to Tower Bridge...

Happy shredding!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: