Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 March 2002 2.48pm
how do you stop them spreading? are they mating or something?
Saturday 30 March 2002 12.39pm
Wire brush and Dettol?
Wednesday 3 April 2002 3.03pm
send one closer to the elephant...can't get a cup of coffee on the walworth rd. or kennington.
Thursday 4 April 2002 2.51am
there's a great coffee place upstairs at the Elephant - run by Columbians. Great music too. If Starbucks comes to Elephant that would be the final straw for me! Crap coffee from a global enterprise. The best coffee in all SE1 is at Borough Market - Monmouth coffee stall or at their new shop by the market. Fantastic coffee from a small enterprise, locally roasted by people who know their stuff.
Calme Common
Monday 15 April 2002 10.21pm
Well, sorry to be a sucker for mass consumerism, but I actually quite like Starbucks . But then, I also like the latest Travis album, rather than that crappy world music that Damon Albarn is peddling, so I suppose I have no taste. If only I could appreciate genuine independent coffee houses rather than Starbucks then maybe my sad old life would have more meaning. Oh I feel so inadequate.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 12.35am
liking Starbucks is entirely your personal prerogative - but if you like coffee then try Monmouth's at Borough Market. no - i don't work for them. travis is ok and so's world music. it's all good.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 2.02am
Ahh, so its all your fault!

Were you being sarcastic or ironic? <sarky> I couldn\'t tell</sarky>.
Tuesday 16 April 2002 10.38am
why assume either? just expressing my view - yours is equally valid.
Friday 19 April 2002 11.34am
Now how did that happen?

I must have left the reply open and Kate nipped in before I actually posted....

I was of course being barely sarcastic to "Calme Common".

or was that ironic? I get them mixed up.
Friday 19 April 2002 2.06pm
sorry JamesB to nip in before you posted! just me taking things personally, yet again - or just being a total sadster with nothing else to do but post on this board! of course if i'd read your post properly i would have realised! sorry
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: