Shooting at Whitesmiths

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 31 May 2010 11.32pm
surprised not to see some mention of a suspected shooting
at the Whitesmiths sat. night.I was in the Kings head and it was pub talk on the Landlords jungle drums straight away.Walked past round midnight to see a police cordon on effect in crosby row.Anybody have the full info.

Related news & features

Tuesday 1 June 2010 6.02am
ah yes saw that as well the crowd in the pub earlier looked like a lot of very rough millwall fans
Wednesday 2 June 2010 1.54pm
man was shot with a shotgun in the leg, kids and women were in pub and its unreal that no one else was killed.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 2.32pm
Exactly where is the Whitesmiths? just in case I ever fancy a pint and know not to go in there!
Wednesday 2 June 2010 4.28pm
Are we to conclude that shootings in SE1 are so commonplace that it takes 4 days to appear on the forum and 5 days on SE1 News.
Thursday 3 June 2010 7.11am
Just seen the link that James provided and I can't believe that the tiny little pub where I used to drink bitter lemon almost fifty years ago was the scene of a shooting!...a few punch ups maybe...:-(
Thursday 3 June 2010 8.51am
phoney wrote:
Are we to conclude that shootings in SE1 are so commonplace that it takes 4 days to appear on the forum and 5 days on SE1 News.

Completely unreported shootings are very common, though probably not in SE1. They used to happen between Camberwell and Brixton all the time and not make the news.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 8.09pm
I was in the Whitesmiths the night before the shooting - first time I've ever been in, and not sure I'll hurry back. Although it seemed like a nice quiet pub.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: