Police on Cole St/Swan Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 1 June 2010 11.49am
Does anyone know why Cole St was taped off with 'police line, do not cross" tape this morning?
PJK
Tuesday 1 June 2010 7.36pm
not sure but I also noticed an ambulance there late yesterday afternoon - seemed odd given there was no one about. tonight there's even a police officer standing guard and blue tents up near the cars parked on Cole Street...
Tuesday 1 June 2010 8.29pm
I live on Cole Street (just outside the cordoned off area) but am no wiser than you as to what's gone on. The police are still there and the tents are still in place; there's also one of those yellow evidence markers on the road. I was expecting a knock on the door for potential witnesses today, but nothing so far.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 8.36am
A man that had collapsed on Cole St was collected by paramedics late on Monday afternoon but later died from injuries that he could not have sustained by himself. This is now being treated as a murder investigation. The police are still there this morning...

Nothing on any new reports so far (strange?).
PJK
Wednesday 2 June 2010 10.44am
Thsi morning I was told by the police on site that a man had been found there on May 31st but that it was not being treated as suspicious. When I indicated that I live on the street, no mention was made of taking down any information at all. I thought maybe it was one of the seemingly homeless folks who hang out there periodically.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 12.31pm
How very strange, and to leave a tent up and cordon off the area for over a day for a non-suspicious incident...
Wednesday 2 June 2010 1.10pm
Managed to get a little bit of info:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4581

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 2.00pm
Thanks James. Let's hope he pulls through.
PJK
Wednesday 2 June 2010 4.36pm
Karen007 - I completely agree with you. The response I got from the police just didn't add up.

Thanks for posting the article HowardS. Fingers crossed.
Friday 4 June 2010 11.14am
Sadly the man has died. The Met has now issued an official witness appeal.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4589

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: