Mayoral election.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 2 June 2010 8.08am
This apostle of hell

This urban antichrist

This incarnation of saitin

Hell and damnation will come down on anyone that votes Ken Livingston back in to city hall.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 8.20am
mickysalt wrote:
This apostle of hell
This urban antichrist

Hell and damnation will come down on anyone that votes Ken Livingston back in to city hall.

My sentiments too, except I may have used Satan instead of saitin, and Livingstone instead of Livingston.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 5.08pm
Saw him on the TV last night and it reminded me what a common touch the man has - people in Croydon were coming up to him and shaking his hand, not the other way round. That's a rare commodity in a politician.

I always liked Ken anyway - voted for him last time and if he gets to stand this time (for Labour or as an independent), I think he stands a good chance of winning over the moptop we have now. Boris made the scrapping of the Western Congestion Charge area one of his electoral pledges 2 years ago and it's finally happening 2.5 years later, with a 25% hike in the fee for the rest of Central London to fund the shortfall. Thanks Boris! 20% hike in bus fares in 2010 and what happened to the pledge that there'd be some joined-up thinking about roadworks in the Capital? Waterloo Bridge has been partially closed ever since, Borough High St has been dug up for approaching a year (thus making London Bridge a poor alternative and they've now started work on Blackfriars Bridge and Elephant & Castle!

I vote for Ken any day.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 5.11pm
Its not cool to correct peoples spelling on forums; my ex partner has a Masters in political science, had documentaries shown on C4 and is currently writing a novel, yet has a terrible time with spelling (she's dyslexic).
Wednesday 2 June 2010 5.17pm
you...and noone else. i had hoped we had seen the last of labours looniest lefty. and despite all the prophets of doom and their scaremongering boris has done a good job without the need to suck up to south american dictators or the ira. livingstone would however be ideally placed to split the labour vote and guarantee boris a second term.
Discuss
Wednesday 2 June 2010 6.23pm
Boris has done a good job whilst having special advisors marched of the premises for being found with their hand in the till. How many is it now?
He's back-tracked on the "why can't we keep more Underground ticket offices open" pledge he made in the election campaign, come up with a "drawing" of a replacement routemaster for the bendy-buses after 2 years and withdrawn bendies from probably the only routes where they work best first - the inter-station Red Arrows. Still, we have 6000 free bicycles arriving shortly - let's see how long they last, eh?
Ken any day.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 6.54pm
I know this won't be popular, but I too am a sly admirer of Red Ken. Yes, he is a politician, but he does - at least to my mind - care about London people and want to do better. He often gets things wrong but his heart is in the right place and his policies do tend to benefit the common folk. He will certainly get my vote as he is better than any other candidate who has yet declared themselves to be running. I don't know how Boris got in but he certainly hasn't done anything memorable or beneficial to the normal person.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 8.18pm
Debrajoan wrote:
mickysalt wrote:
This apostle of hell
This urban antichrist

My sentiments too, except I may have used Satan instead of saitin, and Livingstone instead of Livingston.

I winced when I read this, for as sure as God made little green apples it was a certainty that you'd be chastised for your temerity dj.
Enter stage left, Tolstoy, and you can't argue with his logic.
I have some sympathy for you though.
I was sorely tempted to post something in a similar vein.
I may have let Livingston (sic) slide, but I'd have been unable to let saitan go by without a comment.
For what it's worth I'd vote for Robert Mugabe rather than the nasal one.
Wednesday 2 June 2010 9.34pm
I thought the most interesting suggestion was that Alan Johnson might be interested. I find his backstory resonates with a lot of people and thus far he has not alienated the voting public - unlike nearly every other senior NuLab politician. Fundamentally, London seems to have a Labour majority and the significant choice has to be that party's. Ken lost because even liberals with capital and lower case "L"s voted for Boris. I know one who is still shocked that the age of 50 he managed to vote Conservative just to get Ken out. That said, he probably would have voted for all Tories up to and include Maggie to achieve that feat.
Thursday 3 June 2010 8.55am
Tolstoy wrote:
Its not cool to correct peoples spelling on forums; my ex partner has a Masters in political science, had documentaries shown on C4 and is currently writing a novel, yet has a terrible time with spelling (she's dyslexic).

It's quite funny though to see that Debrajoan can't control the neurosis even when agreeing with someone.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: