Phoning transport at Guys Hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 26 March 2004 4.39pm
Has any one here tried to arrange transport by phoning the transport department at Guys? 0207 188 2888? my giddy aunt..

I started my feeble attempt on Wednesday at 5.15pm, pushed button two...it rang...reverted to a recording...rang...reverted to yet another disembodied voice....cut me off....twice.....
35 wasted minutes later...
went through and asked for the chief exec's office...( optimistic I know....) a polite young man answered...some bod.in finance, very helpfully took my complaint and said that some one would phone me...waited till Thursday...e-mailed the chief executive's office..no response. Phoned the P.O.P. team at Guys, left a message about the transport.

Started again this morning.pushed two...waited ..waited...got cut off by the phone system I was waiting so long...

Rang again, pushed ONE this time....recording said for Patient Assessments...young lady answered straight away. I explained the difficulty, she said button one was the correct one to push.

So if I am elderly patient, I don't want an ambulance to pick me up I want Patient Assessments! she agreed that the recording was not clear, I said even if it was , the system for a response on button TWO would still have left callers stuck in a constant loop on the system. But to be fair , she quickly arranged the two days transport needed.

If Transport Management are aware of the problem - why not remedy it a.s.a.p?

A member of the P.O.P. team phoned me back and said she had contacted them too. but no e-mail back from the chief exec.! or call from his office...still old and infirm patients are not headline grabbing are they?

If mouthy, gobby old me has difficulty getting through...what chance has any one elderly...

has any one else had this problem? or any other non arrival of transport?

+

jan
Friday 26 March 2004 4.59pm
It's no consolation, but my experiences trying to arrange something for my dad at St Thomas's were equally grim.

Has anyone on the Forum applied to be a patient/resident member of the new Foundation Hospital Trust?

http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/page1390.htm
Friday 26 March 2004 5.08pm
is it the powers that be just granting lip sevice to the hoi polloi? I will read it properly later Rabbie..:-)

jan
Jon
Monday 29 March 2004 10.59am
Yes, I have (applied to be a patient member of new foundation trust), and I'm sure that the trust will be able to sort out problems of this nature! hopefully.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: