Friday 4 June 2010 5.05am
takeaway pizza have applied to Southwark council that the zone be changed to one that allows fast food (Class 5) and plan to move in around 168a Tower Bridge Road
- around Tanner Street
We are objecting to this (the deadline is June 7th) because we think that having a fast food restaurant move in would have the following negative effects on the community:
- High levels of noise from both customers, passersby and motorists parking illegally for quick pick ups.
- Staff receiving and handling large shipments of goods as early as 4am, resulting in even more noise.
- More extractor fans would make both more noise and deface the building. (A restaurant and a supermarket already exist there)
- This location (Tower Bridge Road
is a Red Route) is a thoroughfare on which traffic would be impeded by motorists stopping to pick up takeaway food.
- Because of existing traffic noise levels on Tower Bridge Road
, and the noise from the restaurant and supermarket extraction, air-conditioning and heating systems on the other side (the alleyway behind Tower Bridge Road
running north from Tanner Street
), it is already too noisy for residents to open windows, day or night.
A takeaway in this location would be socially irresponsible and a dereliction of the council's duty to existing residents!
IF YOU DON'T WANT A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT HERE, object by writing to Daniel Davies at Southwark Council, reference 10-AP-1152. Or email email@example.com
The final deadline for objecting is June 7th 2010.
JOIN THE Facebook group too: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=127832790578089