Mum's and toddler groups

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 4 June 2010 3.57pm
Hi everyone

A friend of mine has a 6mth old baby and would like to join a local mums and toddler group. Does anyone know of a friendly group - preferably near to Bermondsey tube station?

Sunday 6 June 2010 8.31pm - we have 3 free soft-play sessions for kids three times a week at Downside Fisher centre on Druid Street. Details and times on the web site. If you go you can chat to lots of people who will tell you about more stuff in the area.
Monday 7 June 2010 1.54pm
my daughter takes my grandaughter here 3 times a week and she loves it, give it a try
Tuesday 8 June 2010 11.16am

Thanks for the suggestion - I shall pass it on to my friend. But her baby is only 6mths old so will be too young for any soft play things?? What ages does the group cater for?
Tuesday 8 June 2010 11.37am
no it's fine there's a baby zone for littlies.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 12.20pm
We go to riverside parents softplay and they have a special area for little babies to lie down and mums to sit. It's pretty good, I think your friend will enjoy it.

I myself would prefer to have more of an old fashioned coffee morning type thing. Soft-play is a little annonymus and we don't really get much of a chance to get to know other mums, because they are all focused in on or running after their babies.

I'd like to get a Mums community going...
Tuesday 8 June 2010 8.32pm
Have a look at Kintore Way Children Centre on Grange Road

There are parent and toddler groups on most days.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 4.11pm
Thanks so much everyone - I will pass the suggestions over. F33ona if you do set up a group please do put it up on the forum. The coffee mornings sound a great idea as another option and I think you are right about the conversation side of things.

Thanks again
Saturday 12 June 2010 10.05pm
Check out the Ellen Brown Centre on Grange Road opposite Kintore Way as they used to run a weekly breastfeeding cafe which was a great way to meet local mums with similar aged babies
Sunday 13 June 2010 10.06pm
The Breastfeeding cafe has now moved over to Kintore Way
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: