St. George's Circus this evening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 June 2010 9.21pm
Anybody else get caught up in the mayhem and total gridlock here around at 6.30 - 6.45 this evening?
All caused by dumb and dumber, the two world class moronic policemen parked on the zebra crossing at the top of London Road where they were talking with a motorcycle rider while traffic was slowly squeezing past them.
Presumably there had been an accident there, as an ambulance was parked some 10 - 15 metres ahead of them, plus the motorcycle.
They could have parked behind the ambulance and had their conversation to alleviate the jam but they were oblivious to it, while chaos reigned all around them.
Saturday 5 June 2010 1.15pm
I got enmeshed in this yesterday. I was taking a person that I had picked up in Victoria Street to Metro Heights at The Elephant. My intentions were, get to St George's Circus and then take the route with least traffic, normally that would be Borough Road then right into Newington Causeway.
As I approached along Westminster Bridge Road it was obvious that something was amiss. The roundabout resembled a haphazard bus park as the buses were unable to flow around the area due to the gridlock.
It was impossible to move to the left to aim for Borough Road as there was an impenetrable line of buses so I inched my way round to London Road to go via the Elephant.
Sure enough, there was a police car parked on the crossing, seriously impeding the traffic flow.
It certainly appeared that it could have been moved forward to uncork the gridlock but maybe there was a valid reason why it wasn't.
If that was the case it certainly wasn't obvious, so I can understand anyone who was caught up in this becoming annoyed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: