Cool place for a small group to sit and write?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 June 2010 2.26pm
I'm thinking of starting a group that would meet to write together for a couple of hours in the evening every week or two.

I'm envisioning this taking place in a nice, cosy cafe or bar. Does anyone know of a likely venue? I'm looking for a friendly bar or cafe with a relaxed, local vibe and lots of places to sit. It would need to be on the quiet side and not mind if a handful of people lingered for a couple of hours in the evening. It would be great if it was in SE1, but it's not mandatory.

Many thanks in advance!
Monday 7 June 2010 2.36pm
The Contemporary Urban Centre Cafe might fit the bill

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 June 2010 8.33pm
What kind of writing do you have in mind?
Monday 7 June 2010 9.50pm
Thanks, James -- I'll check it out!

It looks like they aren't open in the eves, except Fri, and not at all on weekends, though, so other suggestions are still welcome.

Oscar -- I'll probably leave that pretty open, but I'm suppose I'll try to round up some fellow creative writers. Are you interested in joining?
Monday 7 June 2010 11.02pm
Fiction or non-fiction?
Tuesday 8 June 2010 8.29am
Either one, I suppose. I write fiction these days. I haven't thought it through that far, though, since if I can't find a venue it'll be moot.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 10.07am
depending on what nights you need, you are free to use a corner or upstairs here at the crown
we already have a book club , a choir and another group that im not quite sure what they do, using our upstairs on (semi)regular basis

pop in and have a look

cheers
phil
Tuesday 8 June 2010 10.31am
The Southbank Centre is the best place I can think of. On the first floor balcony or anywhere inside.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 2.17pm
Certainly I'd be interested.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 2.43pm
I will post something here as soon as I'm able/dare to arrange a first meeting. I'll be away much of June and July so it might be after that. I'd been thinking of starting a Meetup group for this purpose. I used to go to a regular gathering along these lines in Amsterdam and it was a nice way to meet people as well as get some writing done.

Oscar, what kind of writing do you do?

Thanks for all suggestions. I'll check out the Crown. Have had mixed results w/RFH for this type of thing -- it can be really busy and noisy when there's a performance.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: