Pizzeria Castello

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 June 2010 7.22pm
I have just heard that one of the original owners of pizza costello has been asked to open one of the 2 restaurants at the base of the new Strata tower. This is great news and should be great for the area.
Does anyone know when the the tower is ready to be occupied?

real-se1
Wednesday 9 June 2010 12.15am
That would be great to have the Castello back - I used to love that restaurant. I worked in Castle House above it and we used to go in there a lot.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 11.55am
That would be amazing! Used to love that place.
Thursday 10 June 2010 12.19am
I saw Tony this afternoon, he said he had retired, he had the one in Jamaica Road, now in new hands (although he was carrying a bag from Pages catering supplies), so it must be the other (taller) one erm... I forget his name... can someone help me?
I too remember this promise from back in the day.
(bit of a rambly post - sorry)
Thursday 10 June 2010 10.33am
wow if they comeback excellent, i rem their pizza section at the front of the restaurasnt was amazing and they did the best cheese and garlic pizza bar none
Thursday 10 June 2010 11.39am
I'd LOVE to have Castello's back at the E&C. (Cucina's income might suffer, though)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 10 June 2010 6.36pm
I went to the Castello on Jamaica Road on the basis of reviews on this site and was pretty disappointed to be honest.
Pizza East and Cafe Amisha's pizzas are far better imo and at similar prices.
Friday 11 June 2010 11.18am
It's chenged hands a few times now.
outside SE1 but La Luna on the Walworth Road is a winner for me & is popular with Italians I know.
Friday 11 June 2010 6.57pm
smoggy wrote:
I went to the Castello on Jamaica Road on the basis of reviews on this site and was pretty disappointed to be honest.
Pizza East and Cafe Amisha's pizzas are far better imo and at similar prices.

I agree. On my one visit to Castello, I found it to be the most overrated pizza I've ever eaten. Very, very mediocre - and inferior by far to La Luna.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: