Where to watch World Cup games near London Bridge?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 June 2010 9.31pm
I'm a "provincial" who's been living in Bermondsey during the working week for a few months now.

Could someone help me out with a recommendation based on local knowledge for a good pub/bar in which to watch weekday evening world cup games? It needs to be close to London Bridge station really so that my compadres coming in from other parts of the city can't moan too much about walking miles/getting lost.

Besides decent viewing facilities, a good atmosphere and nice beer would obviously be the main considerations. If there was reasonably priced decent food available on the premises or nearby that would be a bonus.
Thursday 10 June 2010 10.50pm
the wheafsheaf in southwark st, has loads of tv's , good beers and good atmossphere, close to station as well.
would suggest you call first to check on what matches they are showing.
Friday 11 June 2010 7.38am
The Roxy has the largest screen.
ADT
Friday 11 June 2010 9.01am
The Barrowboy and Banker is very close to the station and easy for non-locals to find. Decent beers also (Fullers').
Friday 11 June 2010 9.08am
The Old Kings Head doesn't get rammed with tourists like the Barrow Boy and is next to London Bridge tube exit on Borough High Street. They have a huge projector TV and good beer.
Saturday 12 June 2010 6.13am
the britannia in kipling street is showing the football and you are unlikely to get shot, stabbed or bottled there. nice food too

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: