Anyone on here leave a note on my car regarding an accident?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 June 2010 4.10pm
As per title of thread - a note regarding the license and description of the black van that hit my stationary car was left inside the wing mirror casing. No contact details of the person who wrote the note were given, so it would not be possible to ask them to be a witness. The incident was on the corner of Thrale Street, just leading of Southwark Street.
Monday 14 June 2010 6.13pm
Not me but best to request any potential CCTV footage sooner rather than later as it's only kept for a shortish period of time.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 5.37pm
Call your insurance company.

Miss Marple tactics are unlikely to work. It sounds like a bystander rather than the driver left the information anyway.

Your insurer will find out the vehicle's driver/owner from DVLA. Do this quickly and the police may be able to check if the vehicle bears the damage that proves it was involved. If the police want to do them for not stopping at the scene, they will do that too.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 5.49pm
Already called the insurer, and they are pursuing it. Wanted to be able to contact witness in the event the driver claims not to have been responsible.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: