Transport for London cancels plan to move into the Shard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 June 2010 5.13pm
this is good news. hopefully something rather more upmarket than TFL will give a real boost to the Shard as a world-wide icon for London

Related news & features

Monday 14 June 2010 6.33pm
Thanks to Ken the TFL deal made in 2006 has turned out to be a wise investment. Guess who the London mayor will be for the 2012 olympics?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/4615
Quote:
"TfL secured a great deal for its lease agreement in the Shard in 2006.
"Since then rental rates have risen considerably and the deal we have negotiated with London Bridge Quarter reflects this."
Monday 14 June 2010 6.38pm
Very good decision, too good for TfL - perhaps they can put more people in that block at North Greenwich they also have (would encourage them to make the jubilee line work too).

I'm not sure how I feel about Mayors using their agency's to push developments, but the ends would seem to justify the means.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 4.47pm
jamesup wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about Mayors using their agency's to push developments, but the ends would seem to justify the means.

I'm sorry its well dodgy.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 6.38pm
Boris is scrapping the LDA soon anyway to bring an end to that kind of goings on.
http://london.gov.uk/media/press_releases_mayoral/mayors-vision-better-focused-gla-more-say-and-more-power-key-london-iss
Wednesday 16 June 2010 5.15pm
Spotlight on Bermondsey
According to Hyman, the Shard, the Renzo Piano-designed spire at London Bridge, is attracting Middle Eastern buyers south of the river for the first time. When it is completed in 2012, the Shard will be Europe's highest building.
These days, many Bermondsey old-timers no longer recognise their manor
Wednesday 16 June 2010 9.16pm
Borough High St the new Edgeware Road? It needs something, its looking really grim these days.
Thursday 17 June 2010 9.45am
Isn't it just.....it looks beyond shabby. And there is so much footfall along it...a retailers paradise.
Thursday 17 June 2010 12.59pm
It's just too busy: pavements are too narrow, road is too narrow...

You could make the one way permanent, you could knock half of it down and widen it...

Can't see either being popular!

J
Thursday 17 June 2010 1.37pm
Guys hosptial should be held accountable for the hideous scaffolding on many buildings they own at The Slug and Lettuce end of BHS. these structures are way past their licence dates. who is in charge of enforcing their removal? why are these buildings just being left to rot? it all looks so bloody awful.

can't say i welcome the idea of some kind of middle eastern ghetto however. edgeware road is YUK

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: