Dogs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Tuesday 15 June 2010 5.14pm
I've just witnessed a viscious dog rip flesh off another dog at the junction with Weston Street & Snowfields. There were plenty of people around looking aghast at what was going on. The women whose dog was attacked was screaming hysterically whilst the black guy with the pitbull/stafford (not exactly sure what it was) seemed to either have no strength to control the dog or didn't care. The woman was eventually able to run into the 24 hour supermarket to get away from the dog. At that point I scarpered as it was a scary situation & the attacking dog & owner turned to walk away from the shop. Scary very very scary.

There are far too many dogs in this area & many are allowed to run free in the parks. In my view all dogs need to be kept on leads at ALL times. One day it won't be another dog that is attacked but an innocent individual or child.
Zoe
Tuesday 15 June 2010 6.07pm
Actually, another dog is also an innocent by stander, and it's extremely distressing as a dog owner to have your dog attacked. The owner is at fault and someone should have called 999.
Tuesday 15 June 2010 7.37pm
erniebug wrote:
I've just witnessed a viscious dog rip flesh off another dog at the junction with Weston Street & Snowfields. There were plenty of people around looking aghast at what was going on. The women whose dog was attacked was screaming hysterically whilst the black guy with the pitbull/stafford (not exactly sure what it was) seemed to either have no strength to control the dog or didn't care. The woman was eventually able to run into the 24 hour supermarket to get away from the dog. At that point I scarpered as it was a scary situation & the attacking dog & owner turned to walk away from the shop. Scary very very scary.
There are far too many dogs in this area & many are allowed to run free in the parks. In my view all dogs need to be kept on leads at ALL times. One day it won't be another dog that is attacked but an innocent individual or child.

Can you pls give a description of the attacking dog and his owner, i.e. what breed the dog was (definitely a stafford or maybe a bull terrier? ) Also, what colour the dog was and what the owner was wearing?
Wednesday 16 June 2010 7.54am
This is where camera phones come into their own or a can of mace!
Thursday 17 June 2010 12.50pm
I've posted on this theme several times previously. There are too many status dogs around, poorly controlled by owners who are inexpert, insouciant or simply inhumane. According to dog-owning friends, there have been several fatal dog-on-dog incidents in the area lately, and I've seen young male dog-owners encouraging their dogs to be aggressive.
Thursday 17 June 2010 1.50pm
Dog-fighting has been very common on Camberwell Green for years. Maybe we'll be lucky and the tourist angle will mean it's dealt with.
Thursday 17 June 2010 2.00pm
erniebug, what did the victim dog look like? Was it a kind of small greyhound type breed? It's just that I saw my neighbour looking very upset the day of the attack and it was the first time I'd seen her without her dogs. I live opposite the shop you say the woman ran into. If she did report it to the police you may be a good witness.
Thursday 17 June 2010 9.20pm
This has been reported, and we need to keep our eyes peeled, the owner is a black male and he has a light brown american pitbull, I work on Bermondsey Street and one of the local dog walkers told us of the attack as one of my colleuges owns a dog. Does anyone know who the victim is? I do see two pitbull cross dogs always being walked down bermondsey street, and they look pretty illegal to me?
Thursday 17 June 2010 9.28pm
also there must be some cctv if its outside the shop? I really hope he is caught this is absolutely horrific
Thursday 24 June 2010 6.13pm
This attack was horrific and could have happened to anyone and their loving pet. The black guy with the female golden brown Pit Bull was slim built in his twenties. He has been seen in the London Bridge area with a black hoody on.
You can see the woman loved her greyhound. She just fell to tears when her helpless dog was torn to peices. There was blood everywhere. The irresponsible, thug just stood and watched, as his Pit Bull did a frenzy attack. He had no remorse, didnt even say sorry. By the time the police arrived. The guy had walked off with his very dangerous dog. Nobody is safe after seeing this incident. The government needs to act now, before more people and their pets get killed and hacked apart by these thug dogs. Staffordshire Bull Terriers arent even pure anymore. Its clear people are crossing them with Pit Bulls. Staffbull terriers should come under the dangerous dog act, as their bloodlines are closely linked to Pit Bulls. Most of the vicious attacks are caused by Staffbull terriers. Look on uk.spain.com/dangerous-dogs
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: