Inconsiderate Neighbours in Leathermarket Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 16 June 2010 7.40am
4 Leathermarket St is part of the Bermondsey Conservation Area - one of many great old Dickensian buildings - but its just been painted a horrible violent purple pink colour - despite the fact that its a Grade 2 listed building. Its occupied by a PR company, The SPA WAY, whose owner (who doesn't live here) has been contemptuously spurning requests from locals to reinstate a normal colour scheme for the area - "I own it" she says "Get a life" etc. Southwark Council have however sent round their Enforcement team. We are hoping that normal colour service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 8.51am
Lots of people own their property James but still can't get planning permission for various works! I have not seen the building but it does sound garish, what colour would be good for it however?
Wednesday 16 June 2010 9.09am
Perhaps it should be "neighbour" in the title of the thread, singular rather than plural?
Wednesday 16 June 2010 9.20am
And as a resident of Leathremarket Street I also emailed SC yesterday to complain about the decoration being out of place with the local neighbourhood, and got a reply that the enforcement team would be visiting soon.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 10.00am
Won't the owner of the offending building be able to cite the garish colour scheme of FTM as a precedent.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 3.17pm
I know how you feel! I live round the corner from a horribly garish building. Would you believe some idiot placed a pink elephant on top of it?! Some people have no respect for their neighbours.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 4.38pm

I do like it, but the original green is probably better long term. But it was a nice surprise.
Wednesday 16 June 2010 5.00pm
isn't it the bankside colour scheme as well.I find it very hard to get worked up over painted window sills
Wednesday 16 June 2010 5.14pm
I notice from their website they can crisis manage PR.
I wonder if they will bill themselves for their time
Thursday 17 June 2010 9.41am
SC enforcement officers have visited the premesis and asked the proprietor to change the decoartion to something more in keeping with the area. The proprietor has been given to the option to apply for permission to retain the current scheme but SC has stated it appears likely that at this stage this would be denied.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: