Broadband speeds in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 17 June 2010 8.30am
Just checked my BT speed on
where you can compare your speeds with others in area. Although only with those who have checked their speed on this site I imagine.
My speed is usually about 13mbps which isn't bad with a 30ft extension cable and BT Option1 at 12 a month.(Usually 15.99 but they offered a deal if I renewed my contract for another year)
This morning it's about 15mbps which is pretty satisfactory. The SE1 excgange must be fully upgraded now.

Thursday 17 June 2010 2.01pm
I love that site. My Virgin Media (Large broadband) can achieve speeds of 20mb early in the morning although it often slows to 16mb during peak times. I have noticed that my upload speed isn't as good though - it used to be that one's upload speed would be half the speed of one's download speed, but the only drawback with VM is that isn't the case. I would highly recommend the broadband offering from VM if people don't want to go down the BT route. It is certainly cost-effective...
Saturday 19 June 2010 9.09am
Phoney - This was really helpful, thanks. I've posted my result below. I came in slightly around 15% under the advertised top speed. Been with BT for about 5 years and am generally happy with their service.

Saturday 19 June 2010 10.53am
If you are in SE1 bluefish the advertised BT speed now is up to 20mb. I average around 13 mbps during the day and around 15/16 at 7am.
I never use wireless at home as I find the ethernet gives a consistent and totally reliable connection. Don't want to lose connection in the middle of a poker tournament. Considered Virgin cable but as I find BT has always been 100% reliable, 'if it 'aint broke.........'.
Saturday 19 June 2010 5.31pm
Phoney, should we be getting onto BT then? Mine came in at 6040 download and 366 upload.
Sunday 20 June 2010 10.16am
Just checked my speed at 10am beetroot- see image - and it is 15536kbps download and 748kbps upload. Have you checked the broadband wizard on for any problems with your connection?
I thought all BT SE1 was upgraded to the 'up to 20mb' speed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: