Nurseries near Borough Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 19 June 2010 11.07am
Hi!

I live very close to Borough Station and I was wondering what nurseries there are around here or in a walk distance from here. Could anyone help me, please? and if they have website, that would be fantastic.

Thanks a lot!
Saturday 19 June 2010 8.50pm
The search function on this website, and google, will give you a good start

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 19 June 2010 8.54pm
A few links here to get you started:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/education/preschool.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 20 June 2010 5.53am
Now, now, Ivanhoe!

Taking a guess, Lorenika may want ideas and recommendations from members of the Forum. My experience, albeit some time ago, was that the quality of local nurseries varied widely. As did prices. Without there being an obvious correlation between the two.
Sunday 20 June 2010 11.16am
I WAS trying to be helpful, but was posting from my phone (on which I can't work out how to copy and paste links).

So, I did a quick google search for nurseries in SE1, and found, not only the websites for all the local nurseries, but also (very high up on the list of results) a forum discussion on this very site.

The time I spent looking, was, I calculate, less time than OP might have spent typing her post above.

And if OP wants personal recommendations, she only needs to ask. For instance, I know people who are very happy with both The Arc, and Bright Horizons, Tabard Sq.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 21 June 2010 12.41pm
http://www.arcnursery.com/

The Arc is a wonderful place (I have both my daughters there) and is just off Long Lane. There is a waiting list for some age categories, but please check with them. You should find them very helpful.

Bart
Monday 21 June 2010 7.09pm
Thanks everyone for your ideas and advice.

I actually tried to find a previous forum discussion about nurseries but for some reason nothing came out. Sorry, Im new to this forum and I may not have done the search properly, so its probably my fault...

Anyway, thanks a lot for replying. Ill have a look into the ones you told me.
xx
Monday 21 June 2010 9.55pm
We have our daughter at Bright Horizons in Tabard Street. I think it is wonderful, lovely staff, low staff turnover, food cooked freshly on the day, lots of extra activities (french, cooking...) and day trips. She started at 7 months old, but they take babies as young as 3 months old.
Tuesday 22 June 2010 4.13pm
We had bad experiences of Bright Horizons, posted on this forum before I think. It's a commercial enterprise and the staff were a mixed bag (some young girls who only semed to be in childcare cos they had no better carrer it seemed). There wasn't the same level of love and care I've seen at other nurseries (Arc, Kintore Way etc.). Some people love it, but we didn't. It's also extremely expensive. If you join the Borough Babies Yahoo group you'll get lots of opinion of BH - some good, lots not good.
Tuesday 22 June 2010 4.17pm
We went to BH and found it too clinical, but that was just after it opened, so it may have improved. Arc has a fantastic attitude and is overseen by a Parent's Trust which guarantees that the children's welfare always comes first. But don't take my word for it- go and have a look around.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: