Zucca

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 20 June 2010 8.06am
tried zucca last night and was thoroughly impressed,,

clean, fresh, tasty and value for money.

the way forward on bermondsey st???

only downside is you need to make sure you book well in advance for the weekend.

it should be a real wake up call for the 'complacent' village east...who i believe have rested on their laurels too long..
Sunday 20 June 2010 9.27am
boomshake wrote:
tried zucca last night and was thoroughly impressed,,
clean, fresh, tasty and value for money.

the way forward on bermondsey st???

only downside is you need to make sure you book well in advance for the weekend.

it should be a real wake up call for the 'complacent' village east...who i believe have rested on their laurels too long..

Amen to that boomshake, we ate there around three weeks back and were suitably impressed too.
The difficulty of making reservations at the weekend is testament to how good they are I guess.
I'm in agreement with your assessment of Village East too, it gives the impression that it feels that it doesn't have to try, that if you don't like it, there will always be someone else wanting to come in.
Not me anymore, not while I can go to Zucca.
Sunday 20 June 2010 10.28am
yep,, going back to zucca cant come soon enough. we are already looking for excuses to go back..

complained about a truly terrible meal in Village East last visit and the attitude is you must be mistaken.

also had a bad experience with the garrisson who suggested that an uncooked risotto was 'al dente'

who said the customer is always right
Sunday 20 June 2010 1.31pm
boomshake wrote:

who said the customer is always right

I did, last week when a guy walked up to the rank at Bank Street, Canary Wharf, got in my cab and asked to be taken to London Bridge station.
He went on to say, "Would you please go via Commercial Road, through the City, along Fenchurch Street, then over London Bridge?"
Now I knew for a fact that going through Rotherhithe tunnel and then along Jamaica Road would be maybe ten minutes quicker and 3.00 - 4.00 cheaper, but as we all know, the customer is ALWAYS right.
Sunday 20 June 2010 5.43pm
Zucca is wonderful - who needs to schlepp over to Italy when this is on your doorstep. I agree with the earlier comments on Village East - not sure though what the problem is at Village East - a good bar and lots of nice staff - but very inconsistent, especially in the restaurant - many of the more junior staff don't seem properly trained - front and back of the house - clearly its still v much in demand but its been taking itself for granted for too long and they still haven't managed some of the basics. Still a great place but perhaps time to step back and have a rethink on some of their longer term priorities?
Sunday 20 June 2010 6.32pm
yep it could be a good time to take stock and re-evaluate their business.. as they must be able to see the full house at zucca's most days and nights..

i find that Village East is best to avoid on a friday as it seems to be full of a boozy/noisy after work crowd that dont seem to know decent food or care how they are served it..
Sunday 20 June 2010 6.57pm
last Village East visit the staff were rude and unwelcoming...an experience not to be repeated
Monday 21 June 2010 10.40am
Zucca bats way above average and I seek any excuse to go there.
The food is seriously excellent. I go early enough not to worry about the noise that kills conversation when it is full.
Mmmm feeling hungry right now!
Need to find an excuse this week... could be to celebrate/commiserate England on Wed or perhaps celebrate/commiserate New Zealand on Thurs.
Was going to try Village East but wont bother now I have read your comments.
Monday 21 June 2010 10.59am
Village East has moody, misserable bar staff who just don't care.
Monday 21 June 2010 1.07pm
I have not been to Village East since last summer when a friend and I went there, only to be "barred" for complaining to the manager about a large of group of people's (who it later transpired were friends of the manager) rowdy and rude behaviour... not good
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: