Hairdressers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 23 June 2010 4.55pm
Can anybody recommend any good hairdressers around Waterloo way that dont charge the earth?

I'm fed up of spending 100 to get my hair cut and highlighted.

Many Thanks!
Thursday 24 June 2010 8.10am
Hi Themis,

it is not at Waterloo it woud be on Tower Bridge Road, but the bus 188 goes there.

Urban Bliss is the hairdresser and I pay GBP 35.- for the cut. Have long curly hairs. I guess including highlighting it should not come to GBP 100.-, but you can ask.

Also there were other threads were other people suggested this hairdresser.

Good luck,
Sidi
Thursday 24 June 2010 3.11pm
I recommend Oxo River Hair (in the Oxo tower). They're good and not overly expensive. Price range probably similar to Urban Bliss, definitely a lot cheaper than I paid in the West End, or even near the Blue Fin building
Sunday 27 June 2010 11.37am
I was in Lower Marsh on Thursday at 4pm and decided to try to get my haircut without an appointment.

I went to Arena first, the shop had no customers in, someone on reception and I could clearly see and hear people talking in a back room. They told me they couldn't do anything until 7pm.

I carried on and went to Guys and Dolls, was asked if I'd mind waiting a few minutes. I was offered water, was able to watch some of Wimbledon whilst waiting. Five minutes after arrival I was having my hair washed, the stylist listened to what I wanted, made a few suggestions and 30 minutes later I left the shop with a great cut that cost me @ 30
Sunday 27 June 2010 5.23pm
Nonni385 wrote:

I carried on and went to Guys and Dolls, was asked if I'd mind waiting a few minutes. I was offered water, was able to watch some of Wimbledon whilst waiting. Five minutes after arrival I was having my hair washed, the stylist listened to what I wanted, made a few suggestions and 30 minutes later I left the shop with a great cut that cost me @ 30

I've used Guys & Dolls for over 25 years. The owner (mum) used to cut my hair and over the years her daughters have both done a great job to.
Monday 28 June 2010 8.30am
I would recommend The Cut Studio 219 Waterloo Road. I had my hair cut there last week for the first time and the charge was 22 (for short hair) 28 (for long hair) and the hairdresser was called Rika. I shall certainly go back and feel confident in recommending her.
Monday 28 June 2010 9.19am
Sally P wrote:
I would recommend The Cut Studio 219 Waterloo Road. I had my hair cut there last week for the first time and the charge was 22 (for short hair) 28 (for long hair) and the hairdresser was called Rika. I shall certainly go back and feel confident in recommending her.

Eek! I went there a couple of years ago and came out looking like a Chinese boy - extraordinary but true. Given that I'm a middle-aged Caucasian woman, it was quite a feat!
Monday 28 June 2010 11.38am
I also recommend Guys and Dolls, I pay 80 for cut and highlights.
Monday 23 September 2013 12.54pm
Hi, does anyone know why Guys & Dolls hairdressers closed down?? Do you know if they moved somewhere else? I found out recently and was really sad. I've been visiting the saloon for years now and can't bear going somewhere else...
Tuesday 8 October 2013 10.03am
tibo wrote:
Hi, does anyone know why Guys & Dolls hairdressers closed down?? Do you know if they moved somewhere else? I found out recently and was really sad. I've been visiting the saloon for years now and can't bear going somewhere else...

No but I'm very sad about this and Desperately trying to find a new salon
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: