England v Germany Sunday

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 23 June 2010 9.22pm
planning to go to The Britannia for the england/germany world cup match on sunday...it would be good to see a few se1 regulars there to cheer on our boys!!
Thursday 24 June 2010 8.19am
Kommen Sie auf Deutschland, zeigen Sie sie die am Besten sind!
Thursday 24 June 2010 9.11am
Thursday 24 June 2010 5.06pm
chalkey, I think she wanted to say the English will show the Germans who the best is, but am not 100% sure if it is correct what I do unerstand out of it despite being fluent in that language.
Thursday 24 June 2010 5.25pm
I knew that the first part meant something like "Come on Germany!" but was unsure about the rest so I sent it verbatim in a text message to one of my two German grandsons, and asked him what he thought it was that she was trying to say.
He sent back that it was grammatically incorrect but loosely translated it meant "Come on Germany, show them who is best."
He added, "And we probably will."
Don't blame me, I'm just their opa, (grandpa).
Thursday 24 June 2010 5.33pm
the poor misguided fools
Thursday 24 June 2010 5.56pm
languages are so difficult.... ;)
Thursday 24 June 2010 7.18pm
boroughpaul wrote:
the poor misguided fools

I have no doubt that you meant that lightheartedly Paul, and probably typed it with your tongue firmly in your cheek, but personally I have little or no allegiance to England and if I tried really hard I could probably care less about their team's results.
I do love my grandchildren though, and I will be happy for them if their team wins on Sunday.
Thursday 24 June 2010 8.44pm
I was being a little playful with the 'Que?' response. I do speak some German, but struggled to understand Debrajoan's comment.
Hey,Sidi, we should try to teach them 'Switzerdeutsch,' that'll confuse them!!
Thursday 24 June 2010 9.02pm
oh that would be lovely and I would not have any spelling mistakes anymore!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: