Cross Fit Central London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 26 June 2010 9.11pm
Stumbled across this sweaty hive of fitness activty this afternoon (under the arches by the Urban Orchard off Union Street) and thought the informal style (no machines, screens or music) and short highly intensive bespoke programmes using more diverse stand alone equipment (ropes, climbing frames, a few weights, real running) would suit me, as I'm bored of gyms. However the guys in there all looked like gladiators (though there was one woman exercising and a few children running around, which was nice), and I was wondering if anyone with average, or perhaps not even average builds, used it. Seems new. Would be interested to hear of anyones experience (or awareness of such faciities in the USA where they are rapidly expanding, I was told).
Zoe
Sunday 27 June 2010 11.53am
I think all gyms have that sort of attendence, you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it. Finding something you enjoy is more important than who else goes, I find it's best just not to look at the other supermen!!
Monday 28 June 2010 12.43pm
That sounds like good fun - let me know if you go and what it's like.

I'm just setting up a personal training business in SE1, and am interested in what is currently around locally to help keep up my own fitness!

If you ever fancy an outdoor workout, myself and my partner are running our "FitNS bootcamps" in Tanner Street park throughout the summer on a Thursday evening at 6.30pm.
Monday 28 June 2010 1.12pm
My friend does this oop North - she is 60+ and swears by it. To the extent she is thinking of opening one on that philosophy when she retires.
She is not a glam bunny. Just likes to be fit and not bored with the usual.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: