Police Activity - SBR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 June 2010 6.17pm
Hi All,

On the way home from the pub last night, maybe just after 11pm, a couple of friends and I were dumbstruck to see about 10 armed police / army types jogging in pairs along Southwark Bridge Road toward the junction with Great Suffolk Street. It was hard to tell who they were exactly as they were all wearing black fatigues, but the first few all had what I believe are semi-automatic weapons, and one had on his shoulder what I imagine would be used to break down a door. They jogged up to the corner by El Vergel restaurant and peered round the corner and then continued into Webber Street. We were politely asked to move on when we stopped are gawped. Anyone know what was going on? I've seen police activity in the past around my neighbourhood, but the police are always quite clearly marked with their vehicles and uniforms. These guys didn't appear to have any vehicles nearby but looked more like army types on some kind of mission.
Sunday 27 June 2010 9.54pm
I counted five police cars and at least one van at the corner of SBR and Borough Road.
There was also a helicopter circling overhead for a while.

I'd imagine they were rehersing or whatever they like to call it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: