Waterloo Station underground closure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 27 June 2010 11.08pm
Anybody know why the tube station at Waterloo was closed this afternoon? It was around 3.15 pm (more or less), and everyone had to exit the station as "an emergency has been reported." No further explanation offered....
Monday 28 June 2010 12.33am
My guess - Shortage of staff due to what was on TV, Oh and by the way the 3 lions turned out to be pussycats :-)
Monday 28 June 2010 8.01am
Was it the York Road entrance that was closed or was the entire LU station closed? I know LU has been toying with the idea of permanently closing that entrance so perhaps they were trialling it. It could've just been the football although I don't see them closing entire LU stations for it (much as the staff would love it!)
Monday 28 June 2010 7.36pm
can someone tell me why london underground cannot be bothered to put a sign on the york road entrance informing passengers that the york road station is closed on sundays and that passengers please use the main line station i work as a security officer patroling that area and it would make our life a lot easier. we wouldn,t have to keep telling members of the public when they have been standing outside for 20 mins thinking the station is going to open espicaly when they have young children perhaps it is too much effort for them.
Tuesday 29 June 2010 10.14pm
bobwaller wrote:
My guess - Shortage of staff due to what was on TV, Oh and by the way the 3 lions turned out to be pussycats :-)
It was the entire Waterloo underground station that was decanted on Sunday. I suspected--given the timing!--that the 'emergency' that had been reported was football-related. Same reason why some trains between London Bridge & Brighton around 3-4 pm were also cancelled?
Sunday 25 March 2012 9.39pm
We were there when it was evacuated - no information given out then, but when we picked up a tube an hour or so later the announcements were saying it was closed due to 'faulty fire detection equipment'. Not heard that one before!
Sunday 25 March 2012 10.34pm
TFL can't be bothered to put a sign at the top of the escalators down to the Jubilee Line at Waterloo station to tell passengers when it's not working (again) and you have to fight your all the way down there to eventually get this information only to have to fight your way back up.

TFL can't be bothered to open their ticket windows to sell tickets or make sure the automatic machines are working or that they have have paper to print receipts in. Often for days on end.

TFL often have major scary overcrowding at Bond Street and others with more down escalators working than up and massive underground congestion resulting.

Half the time you can't get on the Jubilee line around here during the rush hour anyway.

The automatic gates often overcharge you no matter how careful you are to check in and out and THEN you are told to phone a very expensive PREMIUM RATE phone number in an attempt to get a refund.

I really look forward to the Olympics when the non Zil Lane using population of the world dumb enough to come here get to see what it's like and how very expensive it is.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: