The Shard Restaurant Tooley St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 30 June 2010 6.02pm
Hi all

Went to The Shard Indian restaurant last night and was very pleasantly surprised.

The food was delicious. Onion Bhaji was tasty and not greasy at all. Followed by Lamb Pasanda which was the best I have tasted for many, many years.

One friend had a vegetarian dish (sorry can't remember the name) which was described with nods and ummms.

My other friend had a chicken tikka which was described as superb.

The service was friendly from all the staff and the owner/ manager was very charming.

A very, very welcome addition to the neighbourhood.
Wednesday 30 June 2010 10.15pm
Our takeaway experience last Friday was completely different. It rated amongst the worst curries I have ever had. The best thing about it was the fact that it arrived within the promised 30 mins delivery time. Pilau rice was bland, vege curry mushy & greasy, chicken tikka so overcooked we didn't eat it and some of the Bombay spuds weren't cooked fully.

Maybe it was teething problems but we won't be going back!
Wednesday 30 June 2010 11.30pm
'The Shard' surely there will be copyright issues there! lets wait & see!

Don't eat Indian out, can't comment on the food!
Wednesday 30 June 2010 11.54pm
Lynn448 wrote:
Our takeaway experience last Friday was completely different. It rated amongst the worst curries I have ever had. The best thing about it was the fact that it arrived within the promised 30 mins delivery time. Pilau rice was bland, vege curry mushy & greasy, chicken tikka so overcooked we didn't eat it and some of the Bombay spuds weren't cooked fully.
Maybe it was teething problems but we won't be going back!

Probably teething problems. We had a takeaway as well, and although it wasn't the best I ever had, it was definitely very tasty...
Thursday 1 July 2010 8.35am
I've had 2 deliveries from them and both have been fantastic. Food lovely, quick delivery and a couple of freebies with a large order too.

(Only one complaint - mango chutney was rather dire....but I can live with that when the "main" meals were so tasty and compeditively priced.)
Saturday 3 July 2010 7.34pm
So far so good for me too, ordered one last week and very tasty. So much so, this thread has just persuaded me to order another, for scientific purposes only of course...!
Sunday 4 July 2010 7.38am
they won't be allowed to keep that name for long
Sunday 4 July 2010 8.18am
They should play the word association game or indeed, The Drahs Indian restaurant sounds suitably asian.
Thursday 9 September 2010 4.20pm
Management are very friendly, they already own a very sucessful restaurant in east london. We've been there a few times now and I've always found the food and service to be very good. This and Simply Indian are my favourite Indian restaurants in SE1.
Friday 10 September 2010 6.27pm
Why cant they keep the name shard restaurant?
Real Se1
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: