The Shard Restaurant Tooley St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
janefs Thursday 12 May 2011 3.16pm
I think they have missed a trick. They could have called their establishment 'enfreude'.

Or just 'freude'

Think about it....
orione Thursday 12 May 2011 4.37pm
Ok this is another unpopular assertion I am going to do.. I hope I will not have too many against..

It is very popular to order take aways from restaurants..

And these posts show this. But we all know.

In line with what is happening at BM.. I believe that by doing this we are killing the quality of the restaurnats while maximizing their revenues of course..

I have seen good places changing into useless nosense eatery, with huge waiting times and poor service since they have introduced the take away style. I was shocked when Feng Sushi started that.. Waiters are so tired now that it looks like your food is served by Nosferatus himself.. Although recently has changed.

The kitchen are not big enough and the staff is reduced, but they have 500 scooter drivers to deliver.

We may save BM but we are killing restaurnat standards.. again who cares? They make money and we eat at home in comfort while those poor idiots who have decided to go out will be waiting ages and served badly. Untill WE decide to go out..

I think is a very bad policy and it should be reduced, together with the millions of junk ads we receive through the door.

Bye.
eDWaRD WooDWaRD Thursday 12 May 2011 4.56pm
This reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago: some Dutch kids, fans of the Rolling Stones and everything ‘60s / '70s, opened a coffee shop in Amsterdam which they called Sticky Fingers, after the Stones album but also erstwhile Stones bass player Bill Wyman’s burger bar. When Bill caught wind of the increasingly popular coffee shop, he threatened to sue the kids unless they took the name down. They complied, and renamed their establishment. They called it “Why, man?”.
Boss St Bloke Thursday 12 May 2011 6.52pm
Boss St Bloke Thursday 12 May 2011 7.02pm
And that reminds me of when the army where protecting the Falklands Islands after the "war".

They used to call all the local men "Benny" - after Benny from Crossroads on account that all men wore woolly hats.

The top brass ordered the army lads to show more respect and drop the "Benny" name - so they started calling the locals lads "Stills".

An officer asked why they were now called "Stills" - and a private told him "Because they are still Benny"

Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions