River Bar on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 1 July 2010 10.37pm
Anyone know what the plans are for the River Bar? It has closed for what may be a refurb or possibly a change of use. There are no notices on the premises or, so far as I can see, on Southwark Council's website.
Thursday 1 July 2010 10.58pm
It's been bought by The Draft House - a small gastro-pub chain from SW11 - and will reopen at the end of August

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 July 2010 11.19pm
Thanks James. Do they come with a reputation as being good neighbours?
Friday 2 July 2010 10.02am
Not sure what they're like as neighbours, but Timeout is a big fan....Draft Hosue in Northcote road has been making their "Best bars..." list ever since it opened:
http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/reviews/22395.html
Saturday 3 July 2010 12.23pm
Quote from the Draft House website

<Last week we exchanged on a new site - our third! - on the south side of Tower Bridge looking onto the mayor's office from the front and onto Shad Thames at the back. This is our first tentative step outside of SW11, the Draft House heartland, so we shall see if the Easterners like our blend of honest food and beers which aspire to greatness. We take possession of the site at the end of this month and, following a 6-week fit aim to open by end-August. 17/06/10>

I quite liked the River Bar, it was owned by the same small group that owns the Market Porter and the Stamford Arms but rather different from those two.
Friday 23 July 2010 6.00pm
Hello all,

I am the owner of The Draft House Tower Bridge (formerly The River Bar) which, all being well, we will reopen in late August.

I note that some of you have been checking us out already, for those who haven't there's lots of info on our other sites at www.drafthouse.co.uk.

For concerned residents who suffered at the hands of The River Bar (and I have already heard from some of you) we aim to be a big improvement in terms of community relations. But we also need you to let us know what we're doing right and wrong so we can tailor our plans accordingly.

Specifically, we will be actively discouraging customers from using the Queen Elizabeth St and Horselydown Street sides of the pub, through a combination of strong management, signage and the creation of a covered smoking area on the Tower Bridge side. There is no current plan to have tables and chairs outside - anywhere.

Anyone with questions, please reply to this forum and I'll get in touch with you.

I look forward to welcoming you soon as customers. We will be having a residents event towards the end of August - date TBC.

Best

Charlie McVeigh
Saturday 24 July 2010 8.33am
Hi Charlie

I enjoyed some great nights in the down stairs area. Are you planning on keeping that going?
Saturday 24 July 2010 9.30am
Yes, but will not reopen the downstairs until late November. It will be called the Tower Bridge Tasting Rooms.
Saturday 24 July 2010 9.33am
Nicely! - will pop in for a pint when you open ;-)
Saturday 24 July 2010 1.43pm
Just keep the noise down when you leave BSB ;-)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: