LSE loud music at 3.30am Sunday night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 5 July 2010 9.27am
Anyone else woken at 3.30am last night (Sunday/Monday) by the ridiculously loud music coming from (we think) the LSE's halls on Gainsford Street?

It got louder and louder, and then stopped for a bit only to be replaced by very loud shouting, with even louder music to return for another hour.

We alerted the porter in Cayenne Court who (with a couple of other residents) was trying to locate where the noise was coming from.

We also tried ringing LSE, but just got voicemail.

The Southwark Council noise line just had me on hold for ages and I gave up in the end. The whole thing ended about 5am, but which time I wouldn't be surprised if the whole of that end of Shad Thames was awake.

I realise students have a right to let off steam but the time of night/morning and the level the volume was completely inconsiderate and I nearly felt like calling the police.

Any advice from anyone if it happens again?

And yes, we do wear earplugs before anyone says it!
Monday 5 July 2010 9.36am
LSE moved their students from halls across the river, enabling them to let their west-end residential halls over the summer. Meet your new neighbours!
Monday 5 July 2010 9.57am
Turns out, with further investigation, that it may have been coming from Cayenne Court flats not the halls!
So not the poor students after all - I take it all back!
The plot thickens!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: