Seagulls!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 July 2010 8.34pm
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of extremely noisey seagulls? Each year they are increasing in numbers and are incredibly noisey - starting at around 4am each morning! At the moment there are 10 gulls. They are a real pest and are also attacking many of the other birds. I'm lacking in sleep and really want them to go away! Help please - earplugs don't work!
Thursday 8 July 2010 11.46pm
Marple wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of extremely noisey seagulls? Each year they are increasing in numbers and are incredibly noisey - starting at around 4am each morning! At the moment there are 10 gulls. They are a real pest and are also attacking many of the other birds. I'm lacking in sleep and really want them to go away! Help please - earplugs don't work!

Funny - I don't mind the seagulls. They remind me of Robin Hood Bay, and how they woke me up early in the morning to remind me how much I loved living there. It's a bit like hearing the bells of the Church of the Precious Blood. Comforting.
Friday 9 July 2010 1.23am
I used to work on Tees-side and haunt the N.York Moors, so I'm curious what you were up to in Robin Hood's Bay. Commuting?
Friday 9 July 2010 7.15am
A couple of months ago there was a raucous gang of seagulls over Guys campus early morning and evening but they seem to have disappeared. Even the dawn chorus of other birds seems to have died down. Maybe they're all too busy raisng young now and are too tired to play about and defend their territory. it's amazing how many species of birds there are in SE1. Must be easy pickings foodwise. And if the seagulls bump off the pigeons that's not a bad thing.
Friday 9 July 2010 8.04am
I'm always impressed at how well turned out they are given the crap they eat day in, day out. The look of disdain they offer you atop their perch on the Millennium bridge always amuses me. They are noisy buggers though.
Friday 9 July 2010 9.23am
buy a Peregrine Falcon?
Saturday 10 July 2010 9.15am
Must have my ears checked out, seagulls don't bother me. Living around 100 metres from the Thames there are certainly plenty of them around. They perch on the railing around my balcony, much to the chagrin of Marcel my elderly cat who couldn't catch a cold let alone a king size bird like a seagull!
It's the crows that bug me, their deep, sore throat like cawing wakes me up and I find myself lying there, knowing that they will start again, and just waiting for it.
It's my neighbour's fault, she feeds them regularly, and if she veers five minutes from her schedule they certainly remind her that they're waiting!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: