Good summer art exhibs - your recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 July 2010 11.50am
Hello,

Ive got an arty friend coming over from NYC next week and I want to show off the area as she hasnt been over for about 10 years. I thought the oikas project was quite interesting and was wondering if any of you have been to any really good arts things recently?

Or if you know of anything exciting happening in the area?

I went to the ernesto neto exhib at the hayward and have to say thought it was a waste of money - really cheap looking, not much variation and a poor comparison to the excellent walking in my mind and even better event horizons gormley in 2007> normally love that type of thing!

Julia
Friday 9 July 2010 11.28pm
It's not in the area but the National Gallery has got a couple of good shows on at the moment : Close Examination -fakes mistakes and discoveries is on in the Sainsbury wing and Take One Picture in room B is a collection of works by schoolchildren inspired by Renoir's The Umbrellas. The children worked on projects based on their interpretation of the painting and some of them are really brilliant. The gallery does this every year with a different painting.

In the area there's always the Design Museum.
Tuesday 13 July 2010 11.31am
For a good local exhibition can I recommend our current Wallpaper exhibition at the Cuming Museum. Some lovely examples of arts and crafts wallpaper and some contemporary artwork by David Mabb and students at the London College of Communication.

We also have an event programme including an art workshop for adult this Saturday (17th July) at 1pm to 4pm.

for more information, visit the webpage http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200162/the_cuming_museum/1607/temporary_exhibitions/2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: