Blackfriars Community Action Group

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 March 2004 10.32pm
Hi Everyone,

James says it is OK for me to post this......

We are on Blackfriars Road and have just made our local community group constitutioned. We are looking for local businesses who may be interested in helping us out here and there, maybe sponsoring us for a couple of quid a month. We will be building a website shortly and for anyone who helps us in whatever small way, we will add their names to the list on the site, maybe an ad, and definitely a link to the site. In fact, not just businesses, but anyone who has an interest in strengthening the community and lives or works in the area!. We have already done wonders in just a couple of weeks and we are moving from strength to strength even by just linking up with other groups. We aim to have a celebratory launch in summer, as soon as we can get it organised and anyone who has an interest will be most welcome!!

We truly believe in our community and the strength that lies in it!! We have set up a football team for the kids and they are getting training that they wouldn't otherwise have got. We are also looking to provide athletics for them, plus get involved with other workshops that are already going with other groups. So far, it is just us and our own donations and we are happy to go with that, but it would be great to expand it and involve everyone who is interested.

If you are interested, in whatever capacity, please contact me. I don't know if I'm allowed to leave an email address, but here goes, anyway

Hope to hear from you.....

Tuesday 30 March 2004 10.48pm
Email addresses are fine, though I have now modified the system to replace the 'at' sign with [at] to help avoid spammers harvesting addresses from the forum.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 March 2004 11.51pm
Thanks James, much appreciated.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: