Metro Central Heights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Saturday 17 March 2018 9.58am
I have lived and rented out my place in MCH.

Parking - if you are renting you are entitled to use a space in the car park and that should form part of the lease, parking is on a first come first served basis and there is enough space. There is no guest parking, period. You may be able to get short guest passes for dropping items off or such. The building is inside the congestion zone.

Shahsafia - the fire safety in the block is excellent. There are regular alarm tests, lots of exits and fire doors as standard, the building is also concrete as you may know. Regarding the service charge - it's very high, your agent should let you know what this is as it is determined from the sq footage of the flat but an average two bed is 450 pm, 5500 per year and this will only get higher. There is a flip side to this though, the block is self managed by the RTM which means they control all expenditure and not some managing agent. There is also an onsite building manager who reports into the RTM. So if you look at the other new builds in elephant, a 2 bed can be 700K - 850K like 251 Southwark Bridge or Elephant park / Strada etc with a service charge of 3500 - 3800, new builds are always lower, once the building settles then it increases and you are subject to the managing agents greed. I would think though as a first time buyer buy somewhere with as little a service charge as you can a bit further out.

These new builds in SE1 do not have parking ( Southwark limit this for new builds nearly to 100% ), swimming pool, gyms, coi karp gardens etc so @ MCH you are paying for what you get essentially however the 2 bed will cost you 450K - 550Kdepending which block floor you buy, so either a higher capital outlay or a lower with a higher service charge that is more likely to remain constant and not rip you off as the people who manage it are owners. Finally, the external works are coming up in 2018 and 2019 so the appearance of the building will be much improved, it looks awful I know.

Also, Delancey will get the go ahead to develop the E and C shopping center, the current northern tube entrance will be redeveloped into offices / flats / new tube entrance, elephant park is continuing to be built, the Peabody estate at the end of Newington Causeway will be redeveloped - essentially you will benefit from the new commerce however to date all the investment has been private.
Monday 19 March 2018 6.19pm
Also to add - I am sure there is still *some* AirBNB but the building management has clamped down on it. Residents are a real mix. I've lived there 15 years and only been disturbed by parties etc a handful of times.
Tuesday 20 March 2018 2.35pm
I spent 15 years at MC H...and finally I'm moving..my wonderful terrace will belong to someone else. But it's been great. It's a super block and once they've finally painted it it will be less embarrassing. The transport is unrivalled, every bus in England goes via the E&C, and I've been very happy there.However, the service charges are really outrageous. Of course you have parking, swimming pool and gym, and 24 hour porters which is worth a LOT, but it's nevertheless pretty steep. We had hoped that once we got RTM the service charges would go down, but alas no. The area is certainly developing like mad now, I'm not sure how good that is...it's getting VERY full, and hemmed in by high rises. But I guess that's progress.
Wednesday 21 March 2018 11.45am
Hi Jackie,
Sorry to hear you're leaving. Will you be staying in SE1 in the future or will you move abroad for good?
I have very fond memories of the parties you held on your lovely terrace! Should we plan a farewell party :)
I do hope the new owners will keep the trees!
Wednesday 21 March 2018 3.09pm
Hi Connie, yes indeed, it's sad to leave, but we are really in the USA these days, and it was just naughty to have a big flat when I'm not there enough. SE1 has been one of the BLESSINGS of my life, so many great friends and wonderful memories...I'm moving to Paddington in a tiny pied a terre, handy for the Heathrow Express. But NOTHING can ever compete with our SE1 group...bless James!
Wednesday 28 March 2018 10.59am
Hi Jackie, do you mind me asking if your property is being marketed ( if so who did you go for one of the main estate agents or a new type Tepilo ) or has sold etc - if so time to sell as I am looking to do the same thanks.
Wednesday 28 March 2018 1.19pm
Actually I sold privately...the agents were too keen to under-sell. I think the state of the building is a deterrent at the moment. And the management leaves a lot to be desired. Next year when they FINALLY do the exterior decorations will be more favourable IMHO.
Wednesday 28 March 2018 2.52pm
That's a great result for yourselves - the sting in the tail being we'll both take the 37,000 underwater fish lighting bill to our graves ;o)
Wednesday 28 March 2018 5.34pm
No kidding! The vanity projects were infuriating.
Wednesday 28 March 2018 10.48pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
I spent 15 years at MC H...and finally I'm moving..my wonderful terrace will belong to someone else.

I have seen a rooftop property on MCH with a beautiful south facing terrace: I believe this might well be the one you are selling.

If that was my home, there is no way I would let it go...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network