Metro Central Heights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Sunday 8 July 2018 8.57am
I am negotiating to purchase an apartment in MCH. I am worried about comments on this blog that suggest very high service charges and possible misappropriation of funds by management. There is also conflicting information about the exterior decorations and who is paying windows. Is the site managed by residents themselves? Does anyone know how I can contact the chair or secretary of the residents association to get accurate information?
Monday 9 July 2018 2.28pm
Hello from someone who has lived there for almost 15 years.

Service charges vary depending on the square footage of your flat. I play around 2.5-3k a year for my 1 bed flat. It's on the high side but you do get 24hr concierge, gym and a swimming pool.

The allegation about financial mismanagement is just that - a wild allegation with no evidence. The building is now managed by the residents.

External redecorations are occurring. Because the reserve fund had been run-down by the prior management company a special extra payment was asked of residents to fund it.

Windows are being replaced, but only if the individual flats want to do it and pay for it. It's about 20k to replace my 10 windows. But if you don't want to / can't afford it, then you don't have to get them done.

I don't think I should post a contact email address publicly for the management but if you IM me I can send it to you.
Monday 9 July 2018 3.45pm
williamn wrote:
Windows are being replaced, but only if the individual flats want to do it and pay for it. It's about 20k to replace my 10 windows. But if you don't want to / can't afford it, then you don't have to get them done.

That's quite an odd thing to do. What about the overall appearance of the building?
Tuesday 10 July 2018 8.11am
@ragbag - if you have enquired to buy a property that has a service charge then the agent will let you know the service charge cost, it's then down to you to decide if it's too high. For the price per sq ft you will not get any other place like MCH in SE1, the new builds in elephant park / 251 will be about 40 - 50% more in terms of capital outlay but the service charge for MCH is higher, but as William stated we have a pool, zone 1 parking, a gym, a Japanese carp garden, function rooms, washer rooms, onsite building manager and assistant, 24 concierge who handle all your deliveries and storage and building security - all this costs. I know people who pay 3000 a year for the pleasure of a corridor. We are managed by residents now as we formed our own RTM, the previous comments are specifically pointed towards Peverel when they were managing us a long time ago but their actions still reverberate years on, a quick google of them will tell you all you need to know, the situation is better now.

@ Marco - the current glaziers have designed a unit that matches the current older crittal frames. Where crittal frames remain they are being refurbed as part of the overall refurb that is currently going on to the exterior of the building.
Tuesday 10 July 2018 9.16am
Thanks everyone for comments. My solicitors have now got more info as well.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network