Taste the East

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 July 2010 9.56pm
Went to Potters Fields at lunchtime today to check out Taste the East. The food was absolutely gorgeous, especially the Korean specialties. Going again tomorrow. Yum.

Related events

• Taste the East (Friday 9 July 2010 to Saturday 10 July 2010)
    Two-day Asian food festival

Friday 9 July 2010 10.23pm

Chinese lanterns floated down the Thames this evening. A beautifully tranquil sight.
Friday 9 July 2010 10.56pm
I agrre, tasted their noodles, whih wa s delicious,
then went on to see Shelock Holmes.
A great afternnoon out.
Saturday 10 July 2010 7.57pm
Attended 'Taste The East' food event at Potters Fields which was billed as a high quality event.

CONS...
Risk of bacteria, food safety and hygiene standards and personal hygiene were found to be in question with the following findings evident and on show at the event;

could not see where they can wash, soap, rinse and dry hands while taking breaks on site, handling rubbish and cleaning.
long hair not tied back.
no hats worn.
eating and drinking while working and directly at food service area when on break.

Experienced 1 unprofessional japanese event organiser and business consultant associated with Perfect Employment misinterpreted my intention to network then she became contentious, a poor example of better cultural understanding leaving me feeling unfairly treated and upset.

Overhyped, with only Korean or Japanese food on offer

PROS...
Marquee and restaurant offering some good tasting dishes, with others basic and good enough.

Majority of staff warm, friendly and welcoming.

Good quality cooking demonstration.

Good choice of location to relax and by the river especially in this good weather.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: