Car scratch repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Lynn448 Saturday 10 July 2010 9.18am
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place for fixing scratches on car bodywork? Halfords on the OKR have quoted a three figure sum but was wondering if anyone had an alternative. I've been advised that T-cut won't work as it's too deep.

Thanks
Becki Saturday 10 July 2010 9.31am
Me too.

Scum of a cyclist scratched car from back to front.

Any ideas?
Tom Pepper Saturday 10 July 2010 9.49am
Try Aston at Metro Cab Services 65 Webber Street SE1
020 7928 2303, cell # 07956 452564.
As the name suggests, he primarily does black cabs but he made a terrific job of my wife's metallic silver-grey Fiat Croma when some cretin opened their door without looking in a Tesco car park.
If he says fetch it in at 09.00 and collect it at 16.00 next day, he means it.
A nice guy who does a good job.
I called him on his cell phone at 10.40 today to check his address, so he may be there right now.
Debrajoan Saturday 10 July 2010 9.54am
Becki wrote:
Me too.
Scum of a cyclist scratched car from back to front.

Any ideas?

A perfect illustration of why these scofflaws should be legislated to carry licence plates and be insured, preferably on pain of death.
Zoe Saturday 10 July 2010 11.32am
Is that the The Cut Side or other other side of Blackfriars Road? (I too have scratches, caused by other car drivers).
Lynn448 Saturday 10 July 2010 12.38pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
Try Aston at Metro Cab Services 65 Webber Street SE1
020 7928 2303, cell # 07956 452564.
As the name suggests, he primarily does black cabs but he made a terrific job of my wife's metallic silver-grey Fiat Croma when some cretin opened their door without looking in a Tesco car park.
If he says fetch it in at 09.00 and collect it at 16.00 next day, he means it.
A nice guy who does a good job.
I called him on his cell phone at 10.40 today to check his address, so he may be there right now.

Many thanks Tom, much appreciated. Just been to see him and he's doing it on Monday.
Becki Saturday 10 July 2010 8.40pm
Exactly Debrajoan!!

Also, to the scum cyclist who knocked down a pedestrian on St Thomas St coz he was going the WRONG WAY!! He rode off without a second glance. Oh by the way, she was injured.

When will they have some sort of registration???

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions