Mint Street Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 July 2010 8.14pm
Does anyone know what is happening in Mint St Park? They have removed the wall by Trundle St and seem to be filling in the basket ball ct ?
Monday 12 July 2010 7.28pm
I would also love to know!
Tuesday 13 July 2010 8.09am
I've wondered myself.

This is on Southwarks plaaning database. Although the work they're doing appears to be more extensive.

Application Number: 09/CO/0127

Proposal: Remove existing boundary wall to Mint Street Park ball court and replace with fencing. Fencing will increase height from 2.85-+3m to 4m at boundary.
Statutory start date: 23/11/2009

Decision issued: Granted

Appeal Received Date: This case has no appeals against it
Friday 16 July 2010 8.24am
It would be nice if they increased the grass area.
Monday 19 July 2010 5.00pm
Its the last batch of improvements to the young people's facilities, managed by Southwark (projects team). The idea is to improve the games court to professional five a side standard - increase the size slightly, improve the surface, replace the back walls with fencing with appropriate 'bounce-boards', and replace the damaged front fences with smooth new fences.
The Council expects it to be finished by 9th August, (but you never know what problems might occur). We will work with the Council to have a launch event for this along with the outdoor gym equipment, Adventure Playground improvements, climbing wall/rocky road, and lovely new stage. I will try to post the date on here.
But if you care about Mint Street Park (and you all sound like you do) perhaps you should join the Steering Group/Friends of Group which we facilitate - send an email to info@bost.org.uk if you would like to. It meets occassionally to plan big improvements, and works as an emailing list the rest of the time.
Monday 19 July 2010 8.52pm
Bankside Open Spaces Trust wrote:
But if you care about Mint Street Park (and you all sound like you do) perhaps you should join the Steering Group/Friends of Group which we facilitate - send an email to info@bost.org.uk if you would like to. It meets occassionally to plan big improvements, and works as an emailing list the rest of the time.

Responding as someone who has got involved (in a very small way when time permitted in relation to another small park not far from Mint St.), I would like to underline the suggestion above - that those of you who care and can contribute time to help, do so, rather than spend time nagging on this forum. So for example, Borough Simon, perhaps you could get involved with them and explain why 'they' should increase the grass area?
Zoe
Tuesday 20 July 2010 6.23am
I agree with Jane, and BOST are great, they really like having new people involved and want to hear what people have to say.
Monday 2 August 2010 1.36pm
The launch of the Playworks is definitely going to be on Monday 23rd August, with young people's five a side contests, performances on the stage, drumming workshops, and lots for young people. the speeches and ceremony and tea and cake will be around 2pm.

Do please come and show your support, introduce yourselves to our staff (if we don't already know you) and if you have any feedback on the park, or ways you think we should develop, what better time to make yourself known?

The pitch should be open before this, as it is nearly finished, hopefully next week!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: