Fine Life store

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
boo
Tuesday 13 July 2010 1.11pm
Does anyone know what happened to the Fine Life store on TBR? I walked pass it over the weekend, twice and it was closed. I guess due to the compeition from Sainsbury and Tesco, it's now shut?
Tuesday 13 July 2010 1.54pm
It has closed unfortunately. Classic case of high running costs and low customer numbers/spend. There is a note on the window that mentions these things, but doesn't mention Sainsbury's or Tesco. However I am sure their proximity must have contributed. The owner still has a shop in Queen Elizabeth Street (nr. The Circle) though and most of the staff I believe went over there, which is something.

It is a great loss to this end of TBR though. I work very close-by and can't just nip out for a sarnie or can of pop.
Tuesday 13 July 2010 10.18pm
Shame... it was a much nicer store to shop compared to Sainsburys. The wierd thing was that despite it being huge, the pokey little shop on the other side of the road was always much busier. I often went to the smaller shop because crossing tower bridge road is a nightmare.
boo
Wednesday 14 July 2010 3.12pm
I think that smaller shop opens 24 hours, which is probably why it's still in business. FineLife only opened till 10.30pm/11pm i think?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: