Very noisy neighbours 219 Long Lane (Clay Court) - large American man

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 14 July 2010 7.31am
Hi there
I wondered if anyone else was suffering due to the extremely loud new residents that have moved into an apartment at the back of 219 Long Lane, which I think is called Clay Court? They live on the second floor, at the back of the building, adjacent to Blue Lion Place and just in front of the Glasshouse/Royal Oak Yard. They are a couple in their 50s and the man is a very large American man. They only moved in within the last couple of months but at least 3 - 4 times a week they come home late and sit out on their balcony into the early hours making an awful noise, shouting, laughing, playing music - I think they maybe have no idea how much the sound echoes around the courtyard but I have had several sleepness nights over the last few weeks due to them. Does anyone at all know who they are? I am hoping they simply don't realise as I just don't believe anyone can be so inconsiderate.
Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
Wednesday 14 July 2010 11.35am
You're not the first to complain about them:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/128868/page=1
Wednesday 14 July 2010 12.03pm
Could you not try the traditional way and go and actually see them and tell them they are disturbing your peace ? Posting on here about will not achieve must I fear
Wednesday 14 July 2010 2.40pm
first you need to post a letter through their box,

letting them know if that fails than contact the southwark noise department,

Noise problems
If you are being disturbed by noise, call the 24 hour hotline on 207 525 5777 to report the problem.

We will be with you in 45 minutes if you call when the noise is happening.
Wednesday 14 July 2010 2.41pm
Thanks - obviously I would go and see them if I knew how to get into their building or which apartment they lived in!!!
Zoe
Wednesday 14 July 2010 8.41pm
Have you tried shouting for them to shut up, with all the echoing it might sound quite good.
Thursday 15 July 2010 7.45am
i liked the note on the door

can't help thinking that once 237 is finished the noise levels will be even worse
Saturday 31 July 2010 8.21pm
Sounds like they're having a thoroughly good time too - good luck to them is what I say - what time do they go on till? I might try and invite myself over if they're not at it too late.
Monday 28 March 2011 12.52pm
dave arnup wrote:
Sounds like they're having a thoroughly good time too - good luck to them is what I say - what time do they go on till? I might try and invite myself over if they're not at it too late.

Couldn't agree more Dave! I hope my life is filled with as much fun when I'm in my 50's... good for them!
Monday 28 March 2011 2.49pm
i bet their not even aware of the annoyance they are causing, their so lost in the fun and the laughter their having that they probaly dont realise! i bet if they were approached about it,they would be quite civilised. give them a chance, go and see them about it first, rather than reporting them!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: