Laughing Gravy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Sunday 18 July 2010 9.37pm
This question was asked on another thread: "does anyone know who the new owners are of laughing gravy? the website looks nice. and if they've got rid of the weird, OTT office chairs the last owners had they're already onto a winner."

The new owner is an SE1er and a member of this forum. In fact, he found out it was up for grabs on here.

A lot of work is going on and I think it's due to open around the second week of August. I'm sure he'll come on and post soonish but meanwhile, I can assure you those dreadful chairs are gone, gone, gone, and it's going to look fabulous.

Can't wait!
Sunday 18 July 2010 10.28pm
That is great news. We have had some great meals in the Gravy but towards the end it was very hit and miss. The service was shocking and the chairs were very strange.

The place has real potential and I am eager for it to reopen.
Zoe
Monday 19 July 2010 8.55am
Shall we run a bet on who it is? I think it's Rambling Phil.
Monday 19 July 2010 2.50pm
I was wondering the same.
jw
Tuesday 20 July 2010 9.56pm
Hey,

La Martinet, you beat me to it. I wanted to come on and thank you/the SE1 forum for helping me find the Gravy and get it back on its feet again.

I posted up on here nearly a year ago that I was looking for a restaurant in the area and thanks to the SE1 forum I found out that the Gravy might be available (a place that has always had fond memories for me).

So a big thank you to the SE1 forum - I was really passionate about opening a local restaurant being a resident (and was starting to fear I'd have to look outside of SE1).

P.s. the white chairs are history!!!
Tuesday 20 July 2010 11.52pm
I'm looking forward to it! (please think of us veggies)
jw
Wednesday 21 July 2010 7.22am
Will do - was veggie for 10 years so promise to have things on there (and feel free to reprimand me if not!!!)

Should be ready to go in about 3 weeks
Wednesday 21 July 2010 7.57am
JW - didn't you put up a survey up here too on what people wanted in a restaurant? Has that helped your thinking? Would be interested to know what sort of food and style of restaurant you're planning? Good luck with it all.
jw
Wednesday 21 July 2010 9.45am
Hey Emmab - yep that was me as well!! That must have been over a year ago now - I have been working on this for nearly a year and a half and the Gravy for about a year.

It was really helpful to get SE1-ers opinions and views. I have my own views but wanted to see how they compared.

Most people just seemed to want quality of food, simple, relaxed, friendly and reliable - so working on all those things!
jw
Wednesday 11 August 2010 3.37pm
Just to let you know, we are finally opening tomorrow. The place looks great and we've got a 20% discount offer on all food for SE1-ers - booking preferable.

Pop in and ask for a flyer.

Jon
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: